Kavanaugh's SC Confirmation Hearings

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

I don't know how these politicians maintain their composure.
    I am a very even tempered person, have never had a fight or hit someone in anger, but I think I would knock the s*** out of the shrieking woman.

My defense would be her shouting triggered a time when a man yelled at me in an enclosed space.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. Leftist crackpots can yell at, lie about, and generally abuse a conservative, and he is expected to hear them out, take them seriously, and show them the utmost respect. Anything less, and he is considered and unhinged jerk. Fortunately, I sense that dynamic changing. People like that woman shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

O'Keefe says he was put on probation for 3 years for walking into a Senators office and asking a question - so screaming or yelling, no squatting, no threats

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sen. Menendez (of all people) --
    "That report — if that's an investigation, it's a bullshyt investigation. The reality is that is not a full and thorough investigation."

Sen. Graham (of all people) reply --
    "Let me tell it to my friend, Bob: What y'all have done is bullshyt. If they ever write a book about overplaying your hands in politics, this is it. It's in the first chapter."

• Like Like x 3
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Whoever handles his twitter account has been doing an excellent job throughout this spectacle

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Leland Keyser, Ford's BFF who Ford identified as being present in the house where she was allegedly assaulted, told the FBI that she felt pressured by Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged assault.

Go figure.

I suppose we should be thankful there exists one Democrat with some integrity left -- Leland Keyser

Also, the McClean woman named here is the same one in the circle 10 posts above. She worked under Comey in DC and with Comey in the SDNY office. It is starting to look like she may be the leaker of Ford's name to the media, via Feinstein's office

[​IMG]

Friend of Dr. Ford Felt Pressure to Revisit Statement

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

example

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Do we have any Mds in here? Can you confirm that it is now too late to abort any Senator who votes 'no'?

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

NBC is reporting there are people drinking PBR from red Solo cups outside Mitch McConnell’s house this morning, chanting “I like beer.”

11. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Plastic red solo cups!?!?!?! Don't these monsters care about the environment.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL. I thinks its a Sweatnik punch bowl reference

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another interesting "coincidence"
    The guy on the right
    One of the two lead attorneys for Ford
    Can you guess who he also represents?

[​IMG]
    Small world indeed

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But wait, there's more.

You will never guess who is the lawyer for Monica McLean (see above) -- David Laufman, the former head of the DOJ's National Security Division’s Counterintelligence arm. Laufman suddenly and without notice "quit" back in Feb.

Want to guess what he was doing before "quitting"?

Laufman was involved with the Carter Page FISA warrant's
    Laufman participated in the July 2016 interview of Hillary Clinton
    Laufman was involved with the investigation of General Mike Flynn
    Laufman was protected from review by the OIG (Michael Horowitz) by Sally Yates

Just another small world story?

The DOJ National Security Division is where most of the anti-Trump Group at DOJ came from such as Bruce Ohr and John Carlin. They are gone now.

15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Oh cut him some slack...not much, but some...he actually had a post that appeared to be original thought as opposed to simply cutting and pasting the daily drivel from whatever conspiracy site he gets his thoughts from...

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Manchin just voted yes to send vote to floor tomorrow
    Collins and Flake voted yes
    Murkowski voted no

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It seems Ford was corralled into this by her beach friend, who took an admittedly questionable memory into a highly politicized situation. I don’t think Ford thought this through or realized how much of a tool she was going to be treated. The analyst notes and the lie detector stuff will show how uncertain Ford is regarding Kavanaugh at the party.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Means that, so far at least, the Coulter theory is holding

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The cloture vote was 51-49
    The two flips were Murkowski (no) and Manchin (yes)

Did we just witness the end of Murkowski's political career?

The vote also raises the question of whether Mitch, now that he has the upper hand, is moving too fast?
    If he wanted to be really political about it, he would delay the vote to Monday, Nov 5.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    I don't think she is stupid exactly but for sure she has some mental issues. It is sad to see how one person could cause so much damage and chaos.
    I wish there could be some consequences for her and all of them. Instead she will get at least 1 million .

21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Obviously not...although it is not a surprise given that we already knew from their choice of swill that they have no taste.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

PBR always gave me reflux

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF?
    always?
    and you kept drinking it?

• poop poop x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Manchin voted Yes. Murkowski voted No. She needs to get shitcanned. That needs to be the end of her career.

Manchin just secured his reelection, but he just blew his welcome in the modern Democratic Party. It's time to make a major push for him to switch parties. He's a decent man and was never very liberal. He's way too good for those jokers. I'd start by offering him a committee chairmanship in the next Congress. How about Energy and Natural Resources? It would be very important to a guy from West Virginia, and it would be stripped from . . . Lisa Murkowski. It's a perfect move. You reward a guy who showed some courage and punish a disloyal hack with one move.

• Agree Agree x 5
  25. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Murkowski is a big NO.

Must have Susan Collins, who will announce her decision on Senate floor at 3PM.

Flake voted for cloture, so you'd assume that if he doesn't get screamed at in an elevator again, he's a yes. They say he'll wind up a lobbyist and doesn't want to piss off his Republican buddies.

Manchin is from a state that voted for Trump by a wide margin. He'll probably vote yes to save his a@@.

26. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

What a cowardly vote by Murkowski! RNC should devote unlimited resources towards any primary opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Just what the hell is a "beach friend"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

And Leland Keyser did change her statement after the pressure. She went from saying that she wasn't at the party or there was no party to saying she just couldn't remember and she believes Ford.

I don't like Kavanaugh, but I want him confirmed just to shut up all these liars.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Collins just went off on dems. Feinstein must be shaken big time at this moment. Collins basically took a dump on Ford and the circus that rode into town last week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

She sounds so pro Kavanaugh why was she pretending she didn't know how she would vote?