Kavanaugh's SC Confirmation Hearings

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I admit I had no idea Collins knew her way around major Const cases so well. I find it a bit comforting, as Ive always thought she was a bit of a goof. A serious Const scholar would almost have to vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

But she did cause me to miss Alex Bregman's HR!

2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Please go back to the first sentence by the OP (Clean). That was basically Collins' opinion of the orchestrated ordeal. Pulled few punches.

Feinstein has to be crushed at this. They thought they could pull this off, now a female senator rails on the attempted kill shot and will cast a deciding vote. More than anything is what Collins is saying and how she's saying it.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If I ever said anything bad about Congresswoman Collins I retract it.
    She really researched everything really well.
    I have to email her Gov't address
    Not because she will vote yes but because she took her advise and consent job so seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That was a shockingly good speech
    I think she made a name for herself with it

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Manchin says Yes
    please let the Dems stop this crap

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Manchin is also a "yes" (will this save him in WVirg?)

Now the Senate guards just have to prevent Flake from riding the elevator for 24 hours

ps - Astros 4-0

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It's all over but the shouting and that could go on for a long, long time.

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

:bounce1::bounce2::bounce1::bounce2::bounce1::bounce2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Could be that she was giving Ford the benefit of the doubt and then saw that the whole thing was, in fact and as reasonably anticipated, a bunch of conflated crap bootstrapping upon the #MeToo movement.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Kavanaugh planning a kegger as we speak.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The Dems hit the trifecta;

- lost the battle
    - managed to look like fools
    - helped fire up Republican voters for the coming election

It really could not have gone any worse for them.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's being generous. They completely disgraced themselves, and as Sen. Collins explained, they showed that they never really gave a crap about Ford. Whether she was right or wrong, they were willing to out her and make a circus around her to exploit for their own cheap partisan agenda. Even if you believe Ford, their handling of her claim was a disgrace.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

BS. They got their base whipped up over a vote they knew they were going to lose. A lot of energized meetooers are going to get their vote out in November. Both sides got good mileage and Kavanaugh gets approved. Which was a done deal from the start

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Everybody knocks Trump for his personality. I'll even admit Trump goes too far on occasion. However, the best thing he's done is that he's made the republican party grow a set. You can see it in Grassley, Graham and even Collins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If you believe the recent polls, and the pollsters have done little to inspire confidence, the Rs have closed the gap thanks to the Dems actions against Kavanaugh.

17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Trump has shown them that if they grow a set and fight for their base, their base is not going to abandon them, despite what the talking heads in the mainstream media and slanted pollsters tell them.

An additional bonus is that it has completely blown the looney tunes lefts collective minds. They have absolutely no coherent strategy to deal with a bunch of Republicans who are no longer completely spineless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Murkowski disgraced herself with utter stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Murkowski knows she has a few years to re-election and proved she is only a politician, not a stateswoman. Credit to Collins for not bowing to liberal pressure. I respect Manchin as more of an independent/republican than a liberal democrat. He would easily win his re-election if he announced as republican or even as an independent tomorrow.

Finally, I loved how Collins finally was the first to recognize “Professor” Ford over Dr. Ford. I respect people who get doctoral degrees in whatever field, but at the end of the day you are full of yourself if you are recognizing yourself outside of your university job as “Doctor.” Sorry Dr.Deez.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I'm glad Collins did the right thing. Wonder what it cost the GOP?

She gave a fantastic speech which was lucid, considered, logical and pointed.

Where is that on the rest of her voting record???

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

yeah, I have a title at work, too ... I don't have it on my checkbook (yeah, we still operate like that ... and I even have indoor plumbing!)

Addressing Ford as "Doctor" ... yet the nominee was simply "Kavanaugh." That wasn't by accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

No offense taken. You'll notice I didn't choose Dr. Deez as my name here and never called myself "Doctor" in the professional setting even if my degree has the word "Doctor" in it (which is a relatively new development). Any lawyer who did that would look like a total douche. Other professionals called me by my first name. Clients used the standard adult male title of Mr. Judges (and one ex-girlfriend) usually called me "Counselor."

It's too late to do that. He'll be a Democrat on the ballot. But I think he'll win at this point. I think some Republicans will reward him for his courage and sanity, and once he wins, it's time for him to switch. His days as a Democrat are over. If he doesn't switch, he'll lose his next primary election.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I imagine that a lot of older Democrats feel like the party of Thomas Perez, Ocasio-Cortez, and Kamala Harris doesn’t represent their values anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Hopefully the lawyers on this board recognized my sarcasm. I worked in the world of pharmacy for many years. Occasionally a PharmD would ask to be called “doctor.” They are some of the smartest patient care people in the world - but I can’t call them doctor. I call my minister by first name too.

The Press and Democrats continually called her Dr. Ford. That was on purpose.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How long before one of them pulls a gun?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Their base was already fired up. The Left has been motivated since the 2016 election. The Kavanaugh fiasco was a huge political mistake by the Dems since they have now motivated a mostly satiated Right wing to vote.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What coherent policy do Dems even have to lure voters? All we ever see from them is fear and hate.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  29. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Luckily they missed a golden opportunity to peel off independents that don’t “like” Trump and think hes not nice. Instead they have gone so far to the lunatic left that few reasonable independents are going to support them.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So the women who scared poor Jeff Flake in the elevator by yelling at him are professional agitators.

The one of the right in the pic below is Ana Maria Archila who is from Colombia who may not be here legally. Go figure.
    But wait, there's more.
    Mike Cernovich dig some digging and figured out she made $176,071 in 2016 as "a far left activist."

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1