Keith Ellison is running for the open DNC Chair

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think I would have waited to release

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It sounds like the guy is asking "who benefited from 9/11," and Ellison responded as such. Having said that, Ellison is the last person the Democratic Party needs running it. He might be an economic populist, but I don't see white working class voters ditching Trump to support a black Muslim crackpot.

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I saw Dennis Miller on O'Reilly the other night. I agree with his take. Protesters should keep doing what they are doing and the DNC should hire this nut. That will definitely bring back the power to the Dems. Yep, that'll do it. Go get 'em!

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ellison pulled out of interview when told he'll be asked about past comments in defense of Farrakhan (Ellison is a defender Farrakhan)

[​IMG]

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I hope they keep their identity politics movement going forever
    It's a loser

"Symone Sanders, former spokeswoman for the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign, appeared on CNN Wednesday ...... dismissed the idea of Howard Dean returning as DNC chairman commenting, "we don't need white people leading the Democratic party right now."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_leading_the_democratic_party_right_now.html

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Video of this woman^

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I would find it ironic for guilty white liberals to have their party desert them just like the dem party deserted the anti-communists, the tax cutters, business folks and now the working class.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The guilty white liberals are the ones holding the money.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And then out of the blue .....

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Very long on symbolism. Very short on substance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It would certainly be a big change for them

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not really. Like the article said, such contributions were banned under dws's predecessor, and they were never a big part of the Party's funding. Ellison basically admits that it's about optics, not reality.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The DNC receives benefits in some form from lobbyists every day

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Maybe it does. I'm just relying on what the article says.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Lobbyists in DC are a force. Even the non-cash benefits they toss around can be a little staggering.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I love these people
    I hope they go on like this forever

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If that's who I think it is, she's trying to build her street cred. She's from Idaho, which doesn't have enough blacks to fill the inside of a respectable bathroom.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

fact check_ true
    i was once "seeing" a black girl and i wanted to go rafting up there (Snake River) but she refused to go. and this is why

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Interesting. I've never "seen" a black girl, but if I was looking for one, Idaho wouldn't be the first place I'd look.

20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

What do you mean, a respectable bathroom? Is that one where trannys can join the little girls in the stalls?

• Like Like x 3
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I was talking about the size of the bathroom, but if you want to toss the trannies into the discussion, that could also have some bearing, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It was just an attempt at levity via absurdity.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I can attest. Idaho is about as lilly white as any State in the nation. In my experience, Wyoming is the only state that may be more Caucasian.

24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ahhh Idaho, where I expressed concern to my daughter that I was uncomfortable with the fact my grandkids were going to a HS where there were zero,,,,zero blacks. No lengthy moralistic diatribe just that now, in the 21st century it seemed awkward and not doing them (the kids) any favors for whatever their life situations might bring. I dunno, somehow just seemed wrong to me, and I am no do gooder or anything like that, but I didn't like it. However otherwise I love Idaho,,,,or at least what I have seen as a visitor.

25. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Yeah I guess Sally Boynton Brown has to be that extreme to even have a chance.

But listen to Keith Ellison; "First of all, the DNC has to acknowledge and respect that Black Lives Matter are responding to urgent social and justice problems in our country. What I would say the DNC needs to do is to offer itself, reform and make itself into the kind of place that Black Lives Matter feels it can channel its electoral energy.”

If they elect Ellison, and it looks like they will, BLM will be running the party. To these guys, white people are an embarrassment and a liability.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...te-wants-to-shut-other-white-people-down.html

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What do you have against white people?
    It is past time for some consistency in this country on these type of charges
    Enough with the double standards
    [​IMG]

27. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Did I say I have anything against them? I was simply stating my experience with diversity. I lived in Wyoming for 8 years. There you are either Caucasian or American Indian with a hint of Mexican mixed in. Their exposure to African Americans or Asians is extremely limited.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Lets us test your theory that you alone are free of racism. Discuss this.....

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN
    Again
    lol

[​IMG]

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A good article on the freak show that is the DNC chair race.