Keith Ellison is running for the open DNC Chair

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It makes sense. They both don't like Jews.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Louis Farrakhan confirmed DNC Deputy Chair Keith Ellison was in the Nation of Islam
    There is a video but I couldnt get it to embed

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course in the modern Democratic Party, that's a plus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From his Sunday sermon/keynote speech. Not too much media coverage --

“Jews were responsible for all of this filth and degenerate behavior that Hollywood is putting out, turning men into women and women into men.”

“White folks are going down. And Satan is going down. And Farrakhan, by God’s grace, has pulled a cover off of that Satanic Jew, and I’m here to say your time is up, your world is through...”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...my-white-folks-are-going-down/article/2650297

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And though I rarely defend Jake Tapper, he is correct. The difference between the alt-Right and the Nation of Islam (and Keith Ellison) is that the NOI and those who hold similar views are given legitimacy by the media and by the Left. Accordingly, they have a pretty large following that politicians actively and publicly court. The alt-Right is treated as illegitimate monsters by the media and have few followers, and few politicians actively embrace them.

7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Maybe you could suggest integration and busing to assuage your white guilt.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Old Louis maybe right. The MSM, which largely shapes public opinion, doesn't give a flip about the possible white genocide that is looming in South Africa or if colleges don't protect the rights of white students equally or if black racists, like Ellison gain high public office. They don't care if companies like YouTube are only hiring minority's. They only care if it's white on black racism, then that's all you hear about for weeks.​

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There seem to be plenty in the US who would love to do the same here right now if they thought they could get away with it
    And they get no pushback from media or pols

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ever wonder why they havent tried it yet?

[​IMG]

It's happening all over, from South Africa to Indo --
    "Indonesian Christians flogged outside of mosque for violating sharia law..."
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...-outside-mosque-for-violating-sharia-law.html
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

To further illustrate bias against whites for the non-believers.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/05/schumer-white-men/

12. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

13. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Diversity of background and thought on the judiciary is NOT in fact a desirable goal, particularly if the diversity involves how or whether you should follow the law.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

The whole diversity canard was cooked up by the left to put more people in power who they believe, based on the color of their skin or their sexual orientation or what-have-you, will vote for Democrats.

15. ProdigalHorn

And it's a valid point that having diversity in a group that's writing and debating legislation makes for (usually) better legislation. (Or it grinds legislation to a halt, which is not necessarily a bad thing.) But that's not what the judiciary is for, and having a group of people in the judiciary that have wide ranges of opinion on that matter leads to inconsistency, injustice, and an inability to truly understand how a law impacts the citizenry.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Justice Sotomayor's "wise Latina" comment was illustrative of everything that's wrong with the Left's ideal of jurisprudence, and it should have been disqualifying. It's not about what the written law says. It's about the personal views and experiences (often in accordance with what are supposed to be arbitrary characteristics like race, ethnicity, gender, etc.) of the judge. To them, that should be paramount, and if you believe in that, then you don't believe in the rule of law. And yes, it really is that simple.

That doesn't mean that laws that have ambiguous language aren't subject to interpretation. They are. However, when the written law loses its supremacy to other priorities, then you are no longer governed by the written law but by the whims of the judges, and when we're talking about life tenured federal judges, that means you are governed by people who do not account to you.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I still hope Ellison wins the Dem nom

18. ProdigalHorn

By "admitted" he means that Mulvaney said "Yeah, we got that done last week. Cool, right???"

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Surely that's a joke, right? Is he really making an issue of frosted glass?

20. ProdigalHorn

As much as people are absolutely destroying him on Twitter for it (and unbelievably, a few in the feed actually agreed with it), I don't see him clarifying or backing off it, so I assume he's serious.

God help this country.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's incredibly petty. Also, I've been in the offices of a few US Senators and members of Congress. None had office suites in which the member's office was at all visible from the lobby area, and none had glass walls. They had windows, of course, but they faced the outside.

22. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

There is plenty to criticize Mulvaney for but this is not one of them. This could be exhibit A in why Ellison was not selected as DNC Chair.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Oooo....ooo...ooo...using Twitter to show hypocritical statements. I love this game. I see your Keith Ellison and raise you Trump criticizes Trump. There is an alternate twitter criticism from Trump for nearly every action he's taken in office. It's awesome!

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN: a comparison

Rob Porter -- CNN dedicated over 26 hours to the domestic abuse allegations against Porter in the first two days of that story breaking

Keith Ellison (Deputy Chair of DNC) -- CNN allowed less than 5 minutes of discussion on the domestic abuse allegations against Ellison in the first two days of that story breaking

• Like Like x 1