Kelson?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TenDeadF1ngerz, Apr 27, 2008.

1. TenDeadF1ngerz

TenDeadF1ngerz 100+ Posts

I'll be extremely disappointed if some team doesn't take a look at this guy. The coaches majorly screwed this pooch with his career. I thought he had a great proday?

2. bdog33

bdog33 100+ Posts

agreed

3. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Best of luck to Kelson. If I could compare him with something else, a barracuda or silver bullet or homing torpedo comes to mind. He was fast and also a hard hitter, surely those are qualities that most coaches want on the field.

From what I understand, Drew let the coaches play him anywhere they thought he was needed (i.e. he was willing to be flexible and a team player). I appreciate his team-first attitude and am sorry that he got lost in the shuffle.

4. he'll get an invite.

5. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Could earn a spot as a special teams guy.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

7. burntorangebaybe

burntorangebaybe < 25 Posts

Who will ever forget his contributions in the national championship game. Crap, that video alone should get him an invite somewhere.

Drew is a class act with great skills, surely he will catch on.

8. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

when chizik left, his chances of playing/starting left. the 2 idiots running the defense last year seemed to think we needed bigger/slower linebackers to stop the run. nice one there hence no raise for you.

9. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

10. nosoupforyou28

nosoupforyou28 25+ Posts

If I'm Kelson's agent I send a tape of him matching Reggie Bush step for step on a wheel route during the Rose Bowl.

That was UNBELIEVABLE.

11. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

tenn signs kelson
    chad johnson to tenn
    roy william traded to tenn
    ricky william traded to tenn

that would be pretty wild

12. bmunroe

bmunroe 25+ Posts

anyone have a video of him staying up with reggie in the rose bowl?

13. formermav43

formermav43 250+ Posts

14. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Actually they finally put in him vs. Okie Lite last year and he got hurt shortly after he got into the game.

15. Kramer Horn

Kramer Horn 100+ Posts

well, he did play more with Chizik than any other DC. remember when he was a freshman? Carl Reese and Mack moved him to running back! we were very thin at the position at the time but he was also the best safety prospect to come out of Texas in a long time as well. he wasted a year of eligability if you ask me.

16. nosoupforyou28

nosoupforyou28 25+ Posts

The Link

4:20 mark

Man, watching highlights STILL gives me chills.

17. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

18. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

So was he invited to any mini camps or not?

19. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

thank you for posting the link to the highlights of the game.

unbelievable. i LOVE that game.

20. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

I read somewhere else that he signed with San Diego.

21. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

His forced fumble at tOSU. Go back and watch that play and check out the ground he covers to close in on Zwick and make that play. He made that play on the 1st play from scrimmage after we took the lead, when tOSU had all kinds of time to march back into FG territory. That's one of my favorite plays of the 05 season.

22. RunRickyRun34

RunRickyRun34 250+ Posts

OB poster is reporting that he signed with SD

23. cam4mav

cam4mav 25+ Posts

anymore information?

24. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

If he did, the Chargers haven't announced it.

25. cam4mav

cam4mav 25+ Posts

well that sucks

26. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

27. Ohorn

Ohorn 25+ Posts

Finally. I just don't get it, was Drew just never as good as everyone, including myself, thought he was, he always seemed to make plays when he was in, very smart, good character, certainly big and athletic enough, does the kid have some secret medical condition? narcolepsy perhaps [​IMG] You would think some of his teammates from the past couple of years, who are now on an NFL roster, would be talking him up to their coaches, getting him some looks, but nothing. What gives?
    Good luck Drew with your tryout, knock'em dead [​IMG]

28. Mageeman

Mageeman 100+ Posts

Good to see Kelson and even Kill get a shot with the bears. I still would have liked Kelson to go to Pitt and learn Polamalu's spot.

29. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

I'm a little biased, but I think both Kill and Kelson are athletic enough to make an NFL roster.

30. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

you have to be smart enough to make an NFL roster.