Kerwin Roach suspended (again)

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Joe Fan, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Roach is a piece of work in progress all right. Turns out he lets the team down at the critical part of the season. Head Case.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looks like it is going to happen but AAS can't confirm other than school officials saying a final decision will be made Friday. Doesn't look good at all, especially coming from one of the team's two senior leaders.
    Texas G Kerwin Roach’s playing status unclear prior to facing Oklahoma | Hookem.com

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Apparently so.:whiteflag:

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"suspended indefinitely"

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not good. Really let his team down at a crucial time. Wonder how this affects his NBA draft status.
    Texas guard Kerwin Roach II suspended indefinitely - The Daily Texan

7. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Any scuttlebutt on what the violation was?

8. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

LOL on the draft status. He's a poor man's Isaiah Taylor. Roach would be lucky to make a G-League team if he wasn't already suspension prone. Now, he's probably going to have to earn a way onto a 13th spot for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers or some **** like that.

Since he keeps getting suspended, my guess is the violation would be of the "Holton Hill" variety.

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

My thoughts too.^^^ I think Roach will go to Europe. He could make some $$ there.

I am really upset with Roach. He's screwed the Horns chances of finishing with a record good enough to make the March show. :brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Which could result in someone losing a job.

This team, even without Snoop, based on talent, not record, should be a tournament team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

P.J. Tucker did well in Europe and is now killing it in the NBA.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Shaka: Without Roach probably no more wins so i’m Rethinking this suspension thing.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So, I guess it wasnt academics then ....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

This suspension is curious. Shaka didn't suspend him the school did. I keep hearing Shaka say things about how much progress he has made yet as a senior he is suspended for a third time not by Shaka but by the school. Makes me wonder if there is too much excuse making touchy feely stuff going on and no actual accountability. That would explain a lot about the entire team under performing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

BINGO

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Maybe the Honka Espoo Beavers or PABL Magnolia Hot Dogs would have him.

18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Roach will miss the final game against TCU but back for conference tourney.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

G Kerwin Roach officially cleared to play in the Big 12 tournament, per coach

20. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Well it will at least give the Euro league scouts a chance to see Roach for one game.

21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Glad to hear he will be back for one game. I mean, Big XII tournament.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I always like the way guys like him claim to have "made a mistake" when it come to failing a drug test, or some other tomfoolery. It's no mistake, it was a conscious decision to do whatever they were caught doing. Yea, it was a mistake that he picked up some pot, rolled it up, lit it and smoked it by mistake. Not buying it, but the team is paying for it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

aren't edibles the way to go? that sounds like a lot of effort in lieu of a gummy bear.