Khashoggi

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

From your article:
    He was an Islamist.

One less Islamist to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I really liked Sho Kosugi in those ninja movies.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Not shedding tears here.

5. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I’d guess 90% of you that read the article come away making a judgement whether or not the victim, as a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, deserves further attention, and if not, then move on. Excuse me, but if that’s the takeaway, you’ve missed the whole point.

The major point is that the US government in conjunction with the media has portrayed the Saudi ruler as some kind of reformer and an ally of the US in a battle against terrorism, but the truth is 180 degrees from that. While Trump and everyone else on both sides of the aisle condone regime change in Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Russia, and anyone else who wants to follow an independent sovereign path, based on “humanitarian concerns,” we continue to give blow jobs to the Saudi dictator who runs unarguably the most barbaric society on the planet. Doesn’t anyone see the monumental hypocrisy? We threaten, sanction, invade, restrict food and medicine to countries who in no way threaten us, while at the same time supply arms and accept massive lobbying money from the country to this day spreads Wahhabism around the world which ends up inspiring groups to form such as al Qaeda and ISIS.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't know if I've seen him outright portrayed at positive, more like all his potential problems are just ignored and not addressed at all one way or the other.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I agree that the US is supporting Saudi Arabia in their violence against Yemen.

We (the US) are wrong. We should tell the Saudi's to stop.

8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

When an ally resorts to foreign murder to protect internal corruption, it's concerning.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  9. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

They have lots of petroleum, which is nice

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Except there is a valid argument that it was not 'foreign murder." He willingly entered the Embassy. The Embassy is considered to be part and parcel of the country that occupies the Embassy. He had the EXACT same risks going through those gates as would have existed had he flown TO the other country to get the sought-after document.

Once he entered the gate, US law and Constitutional protections ceased to exist.

11. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

12. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

There was no public trial or charges. He was murdered, not executed, and he was in Turkey.

13. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Several analysts predicted the murder will be used as leverage by both Erdogan and trump to extort concessions from Saudi Arabia. And this Monday morning Trump’s response hints that’s exactly what is in play.

Trump is looking for additional Saudi dollars in exchange for US protection. MBS of course wants to hold on to power in the monarchy. Most likely a deal will be worked out so that Trump gets the US it’s protection payments from the Saudis in exchange for no evidence emerging and pressuring the media to back off the story. Erdogan will need for the Saudis to pay him off as well in exchange for disappearing any evidence. This really never was about human rights or the murderous Saudi dictatorship other than exposing them for concessions.

14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well, just like I remember Richard Nixon doing, the Saudi's are making up new stories since the old ones aren't plausible. Now, it turns out they were questioning Kashoggi and things got a little out of hand. You know we've all been there. You ask a guy a few questions... he get's irritated. He starts bleeding everywhere and his head explodes. Nothin left to do but cut him up with a bone saw and put the mess in ziplock bags. Could have happened to anyone...

15. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

And the Saudi leadership had nothing to do with this. Rogue actors. Move along, nothing to see here. If anyone is responsible, it must have been Putin.

16. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

17. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

What’s the difference between ISIS and the Saudi regime?
    1. ISIS would never allow music while torturing and beheading someone.
    2. The reformer MBS allows music when dismembering and beheading.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It's a start.

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Realpolitik: "A system of politics or principles based on practical rather than moral or ideological considerations."

20. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

21. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well true to the Nixonian tradition, the Saudis are trying a slightly less preposterous lie to substitute to a long delivered lie that was untenable from the start. Rouge elements accidentally choked Khashoggi to death … and they have no idea what happened to the body.
    I guess it's tough to have to deal with a media you can't imprison, torture or kill when they don't acquiesce to your fabrications.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

They should have just said he was executed for his support of a terrorist organization that regularly commits crimes against humanity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Murdering journalists whose opinions you don't like can get out of hand.

25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So can terrorist organizations and their supporters.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I'm still not sure why this has become a political football.

A foreign government murdered one of its former citizens. For regimes like Saudi ... it's not unusual.

I'm not sure what the U.S. has to do with this.

27. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Kashoggi was writing for the Washington Post. He wasn't a terrorist and his brutal murder ... Like a lot of overseas oppression ... Violates basic human rights. Some of us still care.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You must not care much about human rights if you are defending a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Kashoggi was not a soldier, he was an observer.

30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

supporter not observer.