Kindle?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mudboy, Sep 6, 2009.

1. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

His stats certainly weren't impressive. Did anyone watch his play? I didn't get a good chance as I was a little preoccupied with a 4 year old wired, sleep-deprived, wild monkey on acid.

2. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

The stats may not show it but he was pretty disruptive in the backfield with his pressure.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Other than the time he was covering the TE, I don't recall hearing his name called. I guess he was being double teamed all game.

4. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

He had a good breakup of a would-be TD pass.
    I saw him get some pressure early on.

I was very pleased by Okafor. He's the real deal.

5. Bruhman

Bruhman 100+ Posts

Mark me down as one who didn't like the move from LB to DE to begin with. Sergio did just fine rushing off the edge at LB. Plus with a healthy Eddie Jones and Okafor playing alot, I really don't think it was critical to move Sergio. His overall numbers won't be as good, and his effectiveness wont be the same at DE. I'd Rather see Jones and Segio on the field than Sergio and E. Acho. Basically they are saying that E. Acho is a better LB than Jones is a DE, otherwise you put your best players on the field. I think Muschamp is out thinking himself on this one. JMO!!

6. Bevo's Buddy

Bevo's Buddy 500+ Posts

7. tangouniform

tangouniform 100+ Posts

I actually said to the dude next to me "Have you seen Sergio all game?" He responded "I just asked the same to my buddy."

He might have had some good pressure at times (apparently), but his name wasn't called once I don't believe. I can't recall any solo tackles and definitely no sacks. I guess I just expected a little more against the "LMU" o-line.

8. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life 100+ Posts

Kindle was double-teamed on nearly every play he was in the game. While his stat line won't be impressive, he was in the backfield for much of the night and even made some plays upfield, ending runs that normally would have gone for more yardage.

He will gets his chances and he will destroy people.

9. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

At least two or three times he was right on the QB and hurried the throw. And those were just the few times I was watching him.

10. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

11. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

Two things kept him from a big impact: They needed to get Okafor a lot of snaps, and they aren't showing Kindle in his true role yet, i.e. roving LB that puts his hand down, or picks it up or blitzes up the middle or ....etc.

Tech may see the first real use of Kindle with their wide splits inviting the blitz. BMF has a plan.

12. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

13. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Yup. Pure vanilla D against ULM. Kindle will be unleashed at the appropriate times and will bring the pain. I may actually feel sorry for Sam, assuming he's back in time. If he's smart he may need 5+ weeks to recover from his shoulder injury. Besides, Bradforded doesn't roll off the tongue like Bomared.

14. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Sergio, Okafor and Acho are going to be the terror of the Big XII. They were all very impressive. On one play I saw a triple team on SK.

[​IMG]

15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

16. topwater

topwater 100+ Posts

kindle was awesome. all over the field. qb got rid of ball very quick by design and sergio pressured him several times. stats don't mean ****. he was/is a force [​IMG]

17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Kindle didn't play as much as everyone thinks. I'm guessing he was only in there half the time for the first three quarters. I sit on the 2nd row 45 and spotted him standing bbehind the defensive coaches to see what packages were being called. Not sure why he didn't play more, but I'm guessing he will be in there most of the time as we get by the creampuffs.

[​IMG]

18. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

He was a factor...and will continue to be.

19. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Kindle and our Texas D have the same number of sacks that last year's D had after one game.

We're only going to get better.

20. hornitas

hornitas 250+ Posts

If Kindle was getting double and triple teamed, why didn't that free up Houston / Randall / Alexander to get after the QB? Or did it? (didn't watch)

Curious about the interior D-Line play all around.

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Seemed like in the first half their D was putting more pressure on Colt than our D was putting on Revell.

22. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life 100+ Posts

23. formermav43

formermav43 250+ Posts

He only played, and I might be slightly off on this because its from memory, 31 snaps. They weren't trying to use him that much in this game, let Okafor and others get work.

Also, I would remind the anxiety-prone among us that we had a grand total of 0 sacks as a team against FAU last year. The sky is not falling.

24. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts