Know someone who knows Tee Martin and...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Detective Shilala, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

A co-worker of mine played at Tennessee during the 90s and he is still friends with Tee Martin.
    Says that Tee has told him they remember the Rose Bowl at USC, and they are planning to run it up on us tomorrow.

I guess they have a longer memory than they like to admit. They can to "vacate" that loss, but 41-38 is very real and painful to them.

Ironically, I guess they don't remember the being overconfident part about that game tho.

Hoping for a re-run!

• Like Like x 3
  2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well they're in for a disappointment even if they manage to run it up. Got news for them: us beating Notre Dame last year didn't change a thing about them beating us in the Cotton Bowl and costing us a championship.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mars

mars 100+ Posts

What is the connection between Tee Martin and USC football?

4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Currently the OC at USC???

5. mars

mars 100+ Posts

Ha! I guess I could have Googled that. Thanks. I don't recall hearing his name since his playing days at Tennessee.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The current USC players were, what, about 8-10 years old then? The ones with a grudge aren’t playing in this game.

7. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, the grudge lasts until. .01 seconds in the game.
    Unless USC wins then the talk starts.

8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That was a pretty good Tennessee team he played on in 99 I think when they beat Florida state for the Championship

• Like Like x 1
  9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I'm all for USC holding a grudge and thinking that they will "run it up." That rarely works and, in fact, it has a tendency to create overconfidence.

If we punch them in the mouth early -- and I think we just might -- the game may get very interesting. To elaborate, if we feature Warren and block for him, instead of them "running it up," we might just "wear them down." I certainly hope so.

USC is expected to win this game, easily. There's the ones under the pressure, not us.

• Like Like x 2
  10. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Correct

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I've noticed a trend this season where we play better in the 2nd half vs 1st half AND when the game starts later in the day. We will be unstoppable in the 2nd half tomorrow night.