Kobe jumps over a car

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by baylorbear245, Apr 11, 2008.

1. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

2. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

It's fake dude. Similar to the commercials where Vick throws the football forever and Lebron hits the full court shots. Good commercial but no where close to being real.

3. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

4. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

That's a snazzy sweater Jordan is sporting.

5. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

they played it on ESPN so it had me fooled.

6. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

Do you realize how quickly the Lakers would slap a fine on Bryant if he seriously tried something like that?

I'm assuming, of course, that there's a dangerous activities clause in Bryant's contract like there is in most athletes' deals.

7. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

That's a straight rip off of the old Steve Francis commercial that had him jumping over a car in his first or second year. They took it off the air because they didn't want kids trying to copy it.

8. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

Jordan should lose at least one of his MVP awards for being spotted in public wearing that outfit.

9. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

The company making the advertisement better slap a warning on that video. You know somebody's going to try this at home.

10. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

11. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Nice biomarketing

12. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

13. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

It's a damn good fake if it is. You can see Kobe's shadow on the body of the Aston as it drives by. If they faked it, I imagine the car is just to the right of him but is actually still there. Either way, theres a reason why you dont get to see the car coming.

14. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

I looked at it.

Not fake.

However the car is to the right of him. No complex special effects. Just fun with camera angles.

15. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Definitely a pretty good fake. The car drives right over the other shadow (light stantion?) immediately behind kobe.

What makes it even more probable some kid will try to copy it is kobe saying "that is how you jump over an aston martin boys". He does add, "don't try this at home" ...as if all the junior skywalkers will heed that part.

16. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

I say they leave the ad, and if anyone tries it, let Darwin take over.

17. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

18. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

When asked how he did it... Kobe's response was "Hollywood."

However, I've seen YouTube videos of really dumb kids doing this in real life. It is beyond me.

19. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

all those crazy athlete commercials are fake.
    The Link

20. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

aggy tried that with an SUV.

21. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

Sure the jump is fake, but Kobe acting like a complete douchebag is definitely real. Boy.

22. hornsdude94

hornsdude94 < 25 Posts

That Tiger Woods commercial is real. He did it on 60 minutes too.

23. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

24. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

check out today's Statesman for the interview of KD. i notice that kobe is KD's favorite player in the league. even so, we have the authoritative word from KD that Kobe's jump was fake. glad we cleared that up.

[​IMG]

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

26. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy 100+ Posts

Anyone remember the stunt guy who tried that on That's Incredible back in the seventies? The difference was that the sports car was going about 70mph. The top of the windshield clipped the dude's heel and it f'd him up pretty badly.

27. TexasERod

TexasERod 25+ Posts

Here is the video's first take, without the special effects: [​IMG]

El Linko