Koreans playing starcraft

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by LAktownhorn, Jul 6, 2010.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

pretty insane

i actually injured my shoulder from playing starcraft too much. so i have to take an extended break. [​IMG]

2. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

This comment is dead-on, IMO:

3. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

You must learn and use hot keys to have any chance of winning in SC. Strategy is important but if I can mass a army faster than you I will just walk through your strategy.

4. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

freakin star craft, i had a friend who moved to korea to play and almost went professional, and get this, he isnt korean. insane, i know.

5. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

6. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I am fascinated by this thread. It's like reading a semi-foreign language: I recognize the words, but I have no idea what they mean.

Kind of like when aggy talk about their wildcats and other traditions.

7. Doughbroz

Doughbroz 250+ Posts

Change the name from SC to CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome)

8. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

Oh he actually moved to Korea and lived in one the SC team houses where everything is provided to you and you basically live eat and sleep SC along with your team mates. The way it works from my understanding, is, in order to make good money playing SC you have to get a pro gamer license in Korea, which is accomplished by winning certain tournaments, and then I guess you get ad deals and money from the pro circuit or something. It seems a lot like golf is here. My friend ended up getting 2nd at a qualifing tournie and I guess got tired of it and came back to the states.

9. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

I am getting my butt handed to me left and right in SC2 the last few days. I am still running the practice league but dam. I hate Friggin Void Rays and Corruptors, Void Rays come out so dam quick it is too hard to defend against.

The only time I win is when i go terran and do a 9 scv 1 supply depot then rush a second command on high yield mineral and macro/tech. I will usually get BC unless I get rushed by some air units. Its hella fun.

10. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Mass marines will counter void rays. Vikings are really good against them too. If you are constantly getting owned by void rays, you need more of these two units.

I played a couple of 2v2 practice league games but my opponents weren't very good. One guy thought he could beat me with only a mothership. My vikings took it down in 10 seconds.

I went 3-2 in my placement matches and got placed in gold league. I'm a little afraid of what happens beyond this, as I was expecting silver or bronze.

11. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

sadly, i'm still nursing my poor shoulder back to health so no sc2 for me for a while. also, i don't think my comp could handle it. it definitely sounds interesting though. sc2 has gotten rave reviews. are you guys that are playing loving it?

12. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

If you liked Starcraft 1 then you'll like Starcraft 2.

13. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

So I started to play 4v4 on FMP and dam this is a crazy game. It is so friggin fast that I get 1 scv build 1 barrack 1 depot 1 refinery then a cc before my 4th scv is out. The supply limit is bumped to 300 units so people are getting crazy with void rays , carriers , thor , battle crusier, mass nukes. It so fun.

I havent played any challenge matches yet but I am something like 28 wins to 12 losses on the practice matches. My wife is already getting mad at me for how much I play, this game rocks!

Edited for build order.

14. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Gold league for 1v1
    Bronze league for 2v2
    Gold league for 3v3
    working on 4v4

The icon stamps are too crazy to get, you need 1000 wins to get a lot of those.

15. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

The only portrait I've unlocked is Kate Lockwell so I've been using it. People I play games with think I'm a girl. But what can I say? Kate is hot.

16. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Got to #3 in gold 3v3, this game just gets harder every day, yes it is awesome.

17. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

Finally started playing it a couple weeks ago with a buddy....him and I 2v2 have gotten to platinum now after playing our 5 placement matches. Went 4-1 in placement and only loss was a damn zerg rush....ahh the memories of the zerg rush! SC1 came out while I was in school and was hooked for a couple years straight!

18. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

got rated #1 in gold 3v3 with random peeps, i wonder what i gotta do to move to platinum.

still mostly play terran, love those bad asses.