Kristen Nash = No Playing Time??

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by UTalltheway, Jan 10, 2008.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

It is safe to say that Kristen is appreciative of the support given by those that wish she was getting more playing time...

[​IMG]

2. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Not sure who "we fans" are, but speaking for myself -- the only person for whom I can speak -- I appreciate watching the best players on the floor who help the team win. With Coach G's resume and four final four appearances, I believe her resume and coaching experience qualifies HER to make that decision for her team. That's why the University chose HER to coach.

3. Hornsaway

Hornsaway 25+ Posts

Well said Texfiter. We have an excellent staff of coaches and Coach G is going to play the best players that put us in a position to win. She has done a great job so far. She is building a foundation for the future. Something she had to do. It takes time.

I like Kristen Nash, and like everyone can see how hard she plays. Perhaps if she continues her hard work, the playing time will come.

4. WeRTexas

WeRTexas 25+ Posts

I agree completely!

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I am reasonably certain that 'we fans' include those who went to open practices last year and watched as she put in the time and effort with the rehab on the foot...

Further, as fans, it stands to reason that questions can be made about why people putting out the effort don't get game time. Nobody has questioned why particular players are not in the starting rotation, but rather are left scratching their collective heads about why the bench is not depleted in games where fresh legs off the bench could have made a difference in a game at a critical juncture...let's face it, even opposing commentators have observed players that were obviously fatigued, and when the other team radio staff comment, it HAS to be obvious.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

And as fans, we can debate why players do or do not get on the floor in certain situations. That's not coaching, IMO, simply discussion. And cheering a player who gets a chance to play does not undermine the coaches. Everyone has their favorites and are happy to see them on the floor. Whether or not Kristen gets into a game is not my decision nor the fans, but that doesn't I can't appreciate the effort she gives when she's out there. Just as I enjoyed watching Tamra get to play when the coaches made the decision to insert her into the game, so do I enjoy watching Kristen, especially when she is on the floor with her sister.

7. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

"We fans," then, would rather speak for ourselves. When I post, I'm speaking for me, and I haven't made anyone else on the board or otherwise a spokesperson for me, and I'd recommend that others not generalize their collective opinions about the team or coaches onto me. That's the point that i was making with "we fans." I speak for me alone. I consider myself a fan who has spent every birthday that the Longhorn women have been in an NCAA regional there in support of them as a birthday present. I consider myself a fan who stayed over in San Diego to watch them in the Sun N Surf Classic. I'm a fan who wrote a women's basketball feature on the team as a reporter. I'm a fan who was in Lexington as a member of women's basketball band when they won their only national championship. I did not attend "open practices" -- but I consider myself an ardent fan nonethess. As such, my opinions are mine alone, as is with every other poster on the site. I'd appreciate not having others speak for me with "we fans."

8. Hornsaway

Hornsaway 25+ Posts

Texfiter it seems to be that many on here are in a "fan competition" mode if you will. Thanks for setting them straight lol.