KSU game convicts MB coaching

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by JohnnyBravo, Sep 22, 2013.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

So based on tonight's performance... we have had the athletes all along to put together a winning season, but it just needed a passionate desperate coach to get the most out of them.

Where has this coaching been the last three years or even 16 years for that matter?

Sadly, this game just confirms that MB time has passed.

He can and hopefully will continue to be a great asset to the university. Just not as head coach.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Extremely happy about the win but K-State isn't very good this year.
    I'm hoping but still not convinced this thing is fixed.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The K-State game may not be indicative of anything other than, at least for this year, K-State sucks worse than the product Texas had put on the field against BYU and OleMiss. Last night still showed a lot of holes to be exploited by better teams...

4. Longhorn Mike

Longhorn Mike 100+ Posts

With only a couple of exceptions (such as last year), the KSU teams that have beaten Texas have not been that good and have very little hardware to prove it. Time after time they have beaten a superior Texas team. So, cool it with the "K State isn't any good so this is meaningless" talk. This is definitely a positive event.

- Mike

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Some teams don’t have to be very good to beat Texas anymore—they just need to be well-coached, prepared and hungry. That’s enough for a lot of “lesser” teams to win.

K-State and OU are examples of teams that consistently show up prepared to beat Texas, and usually do. That’s on Mack.

6. Texas Rugby

Texas Rugby 100+ Posts

I like the way the Horns came out determined to prove something, but K-state is not an impressive bunch this year and last night's win was good, but not great.

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

What does past games between KSU and Texas have anything to do with this season and it's eventual outcome for Texas?

KSU is a bad team this year. It's positive that we didn't lose to them, but even that is tempered by the news that Hicks is out for the season yet again with the best teams on our schedule to come.

8. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

"How much rice can a Chinaman eat??"

Bud Wilkinson

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Showed that the players can get excited and beat a below average team. That is all.

10. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I long for the days before and after DKR because we're all kinds of badass up in this mofo [​IMG]

12. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

13. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

One of the nice things about having enrolled at The University of Texas 53 years ago is that I can remember when it was actually fun to take a lead into the half and still win the game once your back-up quarterback had to come in.

And it was nice to watch the Horns win one on ABC on a Saturday night with the sound muted. Didn't you already know what Herbstreit and Musburger were going to say before they said it?

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

15. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

KSU may be down some, but Daniel Sams is a VERY good runner. And they were running solid plays pulling a blocker to lead the way for him. Texas was playing it very well in this game. We were spying him with a LB. Jinkens would often line up closer to the line and flip to whatever side Sam's didn't have the RB on.

Also, Robinson has taught these kids correct pursuit angles to stop long runs from the backside. I saw it several times. We weren't doing that before. He made many changes I could see in alignment and in-play tackling techniques, especially pursuit. Looked to me like he did everything he could to stop nice runs turning into home runs. It was much better prep and execution.

16. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Brad, Brad, Brad. As much as I would have to agree with you, you'll never last on here with that positive analysis. [​IMG]

17. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

The film was positive in some ways but I have to admit I had much funds on KSU to win head-up. Course that was put in when Ash looked to be sitting. Most of it was won head-up on Ole Miss last week so didn't sting too much.

All this game did was raise the value of OU tix which we holders needed, and also will make the OU line much smaller to cover. Both will pad the wallet. How's that for not so positive outlook on where we are at now? [​IMG]