KSU vs TEXAS Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Dec 5, 2020.

1. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Oh RIGHT!!! Of course. :yes:

2. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

1 - 4....oh wait you said DON'T ask....

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am not interested in TH's presser

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

His Achilles heel is inconsistency!

• Like Like x 1
  5. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

TH definetely....oh nevermind.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Good news
    Derrick is back with team and in locker room

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. rick mueller

Derrick dislocated his ankle. He was stabilized at the hospital and was in the locker room postgame.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That team feels right:hookem:
    Thanks Dion

• Like Like x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That was the best game I've seen the Horns' offence play this year. 69 points in 4 quarters of play, no turnovers, 608 yards on offense, Bijan 172 yards on 9 carries, Johnson had 139 on 14 totes, only 2 punts. The defense stepped it up a notch as well, but still needs some work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  11. rick mueller

As I've said before, I don't know squat about the technical aspects and finer points of football. However, it appeared to my untrained eye that we finally had an offensive game plan that made sense. A smash mouth running game and short passes that are Sam's strong point. I've never understood why we keep having Sam throw deep over and over, when clearly he can't hit those routes. I think we only went deep twice today and one of those was the pass to a wide open Epps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

WOW!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rick mueller

He made some opponents pay a price for trying to tackle him. The young man is strong. He also juked a DB out of his cleats on one of his early runs. We've got us a good one. Pray for his health.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I stopped posting after the DK injury and stepped away for a while. Sometimes watching football is a little too hard especially when you have kids and you see what can happen when things go wrong. Best news all day is not that Texas won its that he is going to be as ok as could possibly be hoped for and was back with team at end.:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

So what you're saying is that due to cosmi opting out and then Kerstetters injury Herman was forced to play to our strengths to protect Sam which resulted in a KSU beat down. Humm, how much credit will he take for that genius game plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

DK was back in the locker room after the game and led the team in "Texas - Fight".

• Like Like x 4
  17. rick mueller

My wife and I discussed this after the game. Our oldest grandson (11 y/o) is trying to talk my son and daughter in law into letting him play full pad football. He is currently playing flag. I will suggest to our son that this might be a point for discussion.
    Thankfully our son never had the desire to play football so we didn't have to have this discussion with him. He chose to concentrate on baseball and basketball.

18. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Well Tom Herman is doing a good job of losing recruits left and right so I am not sure what hes going to build.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We are 3 plays from being undefeated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

As mentioned on the recruiting thread. We'll battle San Angelo., Houston Baptist, Tx State and UTSA fir recruits.

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Klatt mentioned numerous times throughout that the play calling was different.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Win any 2 of those and Tom keeps his job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hey Rick have two 10 year old grandsons that I’ve told if they’re good enough to play HS go for it but that’s it. Thinking about it now though considering the size and athleticism of kids today and extrapolating 6 years ahead I may change my mind and stop at 8th grade. And I love football.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

You mean a good running game along with a short to medium passing game can be more successful than throw it long every play? I wonder what Mensa ever figured that out.

• Like Like x 1
  26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Time to light the damn tower y'all:

:tower:

• Like Like x 1
  27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

They would have been fraudulent wins. Eke out a win against a bad tcu team. Ignore three quarters of ugly football against one of the worst ou team in years. Eke out a win against Iowa freaking state.. That would make us undefeated. Ready to put that team on the field against alabama or an ohio state team minus 23 players and their coach that blew out mich state?

28. rick mueller

Must have been a henceforth undiscovered page in the binder.

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

It seems to me that our passing game opened up our running game. The first six or seven plays were passes. We looked like we wanted to win the game instead of just trying to get positive yards. We had a kick-*** mentality that never let up. Everyone was unified in doing their best and playing hard. A good team win.
    Now mensa just needs to bottle that mentality for the rest of the season

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

i'm so glad to see that it's not career ending. I'd still like to see the tape of the "gruesome injury." Could somebody IM the link to me?