Kwiatcollapseski

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by OrangeShogun, Oct 2, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Look at guys like me. Highly recruited to Hornfans and now riding the bench mostly.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

O-line is always key

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Give Kwiatkowski some time. I think he'll end up quite a bit better than Ash, and Ash ended up pretty good. Prolly somewhere around the Robinson level. Possibly even better.

Coach PK has a very good track record. He didn't just fall off the turnip truck (no offense lurking aggies...). This week will be a big early test for him and our D.

(I know nobody can touch Fuller, so I won't even go there)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

The biggest challenge will be finding the right talent to plug into the system. He's done a nice job of adapting to what he has. And credit to folks like Overshown, who have worked hard to shine. I'd grade him out at a B-.

5. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

It’s official, I’m moronic AND pathetic!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Grade D+.

7. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I'll just bump this up to the top to see if anyone wants to adjust their grade. I know I do.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

F. Without the TOs OU scores 60 or 70. PK and DB coaches still have taught them how to play ball in the air. If the DBs make plays on EASY hail mary throws from Williams, OU scores 3 less times.

The D didn't stop OU on any possession starting in the late 2nd Quarter. That's F-.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Yea playing the ball is hard to learn but at this level, it’s a must!

10. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I think the defense was gassed in second half. They left it all out on the field…

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I liked what they were doing in the 3rd quarter playing bend, don’t break defense. Then the offense shriveled up and then the defense became aggressive, which led to big plays by OU. I recognize this is Monday morning quarterbacking but I wonder if we win if the strategy was reversed: more aggressive on offense and less aggressive on defense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Does Kwiatkowski not do interviews? I'd be very interested to hear his comments on this performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

I still don"t understand how the secondary is taught to play in today's game. How about going back to knowing your responsibility, cover the receiver in your area, see the ball, intercept or bat the ball down. Seems to me there should be a great number more interceptions made in the game of football today.

I know I picked off at least 4 or 5 passes from the couch in this one game alone. By the time I watch numerous games today, I might as well move into the Heisman House!

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

If they don't give up the 60-yard run where we missed two or three tackles, things likely would have gone differently.

With the rage cooled from my veins, there are a couple of those plays, particularly the go-ahead TD throw at the pylon, where you just have to say that was impressive.

Still too many busts, too many people out of position, but I do think we're still limited by our personnel. We don't have the people we need to run his system, and I'm hopeful that will change. Right now it looks ugly at times because our front three can't hold the line consistently and our edge guys are getting washed out too much and leaving running lanes open. As bad as our secondary played at times last week, I didn't think they were that bad this week except for a couple of busts, one of which ended up not costing us anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm not buying it. Gassed coming out of halftime?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Missed tackles cost us, says Captain Obvious; and then he said that not blitzing/pressuring their QB cost us big time. I have to agree with him:idk:

• poop poop x 1
  17. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

He sucks!

18. horninchicago

Should I poop this?

:fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Hiring PK is Sark's biggest mistake. Herman's demise was not hiring coordinators very well. Sark is the OC but he had to pick a top notch, national best level DC and he completely whiffed.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  20. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I don't really follow schemes and such. I just watch the game. But on the third and 19 play we rushed 3 guys. In other words, lets make sure the QB has all day to sit back and make an uninterrupted throw. That I'll never understand. I say rush 4, 5 or 6. Don't give the QB enough time for his receivers to even make it 19 yards down the field. Yeah, I know the theory behind the prevent. But it's a bad move.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Would you prefer Ash? Ash was actually rather good, but you wouldn’t know it from reading these boards. So many here said he really sucked until late last year. Then so many gushed over how good he was. Would you rather we hire Odom? Well, that’s a good choice, but we ain’t getting him. Sark has worked successfully with Coach K before and he has a good track record. Could he coach D so well at Washington, then turn into a lousy coordinator here? Possible but unlikely. A turnaround isn’t overnight folks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well said ^^^

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Oh, and Herman hired Ash. That same Ash that so many praised by late last year and wanted us to keep.

24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Our defense gives up 29.14 points per game which will land us somewhere around 100th in the country in scoring defense. Take out the patsy Rice game and we give up an average of 35 points per game which would rank us 115th out of 130 teams.

Coach K has a major problem on his hands that I'm not sure he can solve. We're only 6 games into this but I hope he has an idea of how to fix this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. horninchicago

How many sunshine pumpers will poop this, I wonder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

If I had to pick one aspect of the game, I would say that our inability to stop the run was the difference, and in particular three runs including — if I’m not mistaken — three long rushing touchdowns. (Maybe two.)

Ojomo said after the game that we didn’t handle the counter very well. Frankly, that may have been the difference.

A defense has to stop something. After the mid third quarter, we couldn’t stop anything. Is that on Kwiatkowski, a talent void, too much time on the field or all of the above?

Awfully disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Eh, I really don't care because data is data. Sometimes people let their feelings of hope get in the way of reality.

The reality is we are one of if not the worst defense in all power 5 conferences and quite frankly the country. Besides the point problem, we give up an average of 439 yards per game which will land us around 110th in the country.

This is absolutely pathetic results. We should be 5-1 easily if the defense had any idea what they are doing. They have plenty of talent. Our d-line was supposed to be an overall team strength but he keeps putting them in a 3 man front with a non aggressive approach...just hold the line. Stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Jett Bush gets more snaps than Albert Collins. This reeks of stubbornness to me.

29. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Ash was one coach I thought should be retained. I thought he did a pretty good job getting things turned around last year considering the steaming pile of (*^&( he inherited from Orlano.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Coach K and the D have a lot of work to do, and there are more good offenses ahead—look what Baylor did today. His track record, however, is very good. I don’t think he’ll go from one of the most coveted D coordinators in the country to one of the worst. Give this one some time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2