Kwiatcollapseski

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by OrangeShogun, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

PK needs to go, sorry. Wasn't a big fan of this hire, PLEASE don't hire any more DCs west of the rocky mountains. Touch football doesn't cut it

I was weary at 14-7. Our D was on the field a lot already, I thought it was a matter of time and posted as such. Their OL couldn't block **** this season, but after our guys were gassed (10 minutes or so into the game) it was hot knives thru butter.

Great job of play calling for 30 minutes by our O. That was fun to watch.

The story of the game was Caleb Williams. It'll be interesting to see if Rattler is OUs version of Andrew Card. Remove him & see the team play better. Their sideline sure seemed happy when he came in

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Any DC not from the Big XII will have problems when taking over a Big XII defense. From 1,00 miles away they all see receivers running everywhere which leads to the knee-jerk solution of putting 6-8 into the pass defense and dare the QB to throw. Problem is that makes it simple - just run the ball which is where all of the coaching skills down the tubes.

Why hasn't Greg Robinson been retained as an advisor to the DC?

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

How's his track record at Texas?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It’s about half way through his first year. Way too early to tell.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Definitely too early to make a judgement but 40, 35, 27, and 55 vs the offenses with a pulse isn't the best omen so far.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

There was a point where the offense stopped getting 1st downs. Seemed like I blinked and the defense was back on the field…

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

I’m sorry but if “Quitakoswki” can win after being spotted 14 points he needs to go.

This was just not this game. All year qbs and receivers have had a field day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Horn2RunAgain

When Brooks ran untouched for a td to damn near run out the clock.... That was a signal it's not too early to tell. That play was just run for a shitload of yards 5 minutes before. Unprepared in pretty much any way. He needs to go after T+1

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Rattler getting benched was a surprise, at least to me. But, once he was gone, they moved the ball better or so it appeared.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The D players PK inherited may not be that good. It, the D that is, may have topped out as far as skill and/or ability. They seem to be little, if any, better that when Herman was here.

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Fair statement. IMHO, give him time and see if we get good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  12. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I am not a Kwiatkowski fan up to this point. The Dline was a strength last year, this year they are absolutely aweful against decent teams. Arkansas, OU, and TCU all pushed them around and dominated them. As a rule, I am fine with a O coordinator who is famed for his schemes, but on Defense I am not a fan. I am a fan of defenses that line up and take your lunch. I am a fan of defenses that you dont want to play because they line up with the intention of punishing you for 60 minuutes no matter what scheme you run. It kills me how OU just kept relentless pressure on Thompson (good strategy) and Texas let a freshman who has hardly played at all on the college level sit back and pick them apart with no apparent attempt to make him uncomfortable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Defense - sucked
    Offense - scored enough to win but couldn’t move the ball when game closing game out was on the line (last drive exception).
    My opinion in simple terms.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^THIS! Our D. coordinator failed to take advantage of the kid’s inexperience. I think it cost us the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

PK has sucked all year. Even the UL game was sketchy, but the QB missed throws and we got a few TOs that stopped drives. Texas today blocked a punt and got 2-3 turnovers and still gave up 55. Williams scored on every possession he played on. They were at least 5 TDs out of the last 5 possession. PK has to go. He's trash. I've been saying it since day 1. Fire his ***. Teach base. Teach tackling. Teach DBs how to defend balls in the air. Basic football. Very basic.

• Hot Hot x 1
  16. Horn2RunAgain

This is what puzzled me. We earned some breaks and still gave up half a hundred. Too easily

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

PK has s-h-i-t the bed all year. He is Sark's albatross. The sooner he figures that out and finds an alternative the quicker he saves his own job.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We’re about as close to firing Sark as Rice is to finishing in the top 10.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Bring back Greg Robinson!

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I remember Mack’s last season. He brought back Greg Robinson like 1-2 weeks before the OU game. Texas smacked them all day long.

21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ha! He was one of my top picks for a new DC when this job search was going on as Tom was on the way out. (Of course, I favored Mangino as HC/OC, or at least as OC…).

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That man could flat-out coach LBs and tackling.

23. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

I don’t blame Coach K. I saw this coming against Tech. Texas just doesn’t have that many good players on defense. DBs have good coverage but lose nearly every 50-50 ball. Can’t get pressure on the qb and when they do, Linemen/Linebackers still don’t wrap up and allow the qb to escape when he should have been sacked. Overshown is the only NFL player on this defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

If Sark doesn't intervene in some way, the D will cost him his job. Fire? Probably not. But if Sark isn't pointing out mistakes and asking for a plan to solve them, if he doesn't have specific, objective improvements he gives to PK, then he won't last past 3 years at Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I've seen this excuse quite a bit. How many good players do Tulane, Nebraska, WV and KState have? Their defenses all did a much better job against OU than ours.

• Winner Winner x 4
  26. Horn2RunAgain

You may be right, but BMDs won't stand for this weak defense or the , "i couldn't care less" attitude going into the sec. Sark has played 2 teams that are good so far. Both games, the defense has been embarrassed in every way. That won't cut it when we move

27. Horn2RunAgain

Exactly

28. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

they pretty much do have to start Williams or risk team attitude deflation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

The defensive coordinator absolutely needs to held accountable - first year or not - we have not shown improvement - I don't care what "scheme" a coach has, he has to adapt to his talent on hand. I agree we need more athleticism on the defensive front especially. Hopefully we can win enough this season to get some better defensive players on campus.
    The meltdown was completely on him yesterday, but it wasn't just yesterday it has been every game - remember last week tcu drove 99 yards to score when just one stop would have iced the game -
    I'm not going to criticize the offense much for yesterday - the defense had several chances to get off the field and never once did - had they it would have led to better field position and probably more points

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Do you hold him accountable for the players he puts on the field? Does anyone truly believe the players to whom K is giving majority playing time are more talented than Alfred Collins? I also cannot decipher his rotation scheme. There is literally no telling who you'll see out there at LB, CB, Nickel or Safety.