Kyler Murray wants $15 million to commit to baseball

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Probably not, but he tried to make it look like he was out of the picture. Wonder if Kyler will cry if he doesn't go #1?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

According to Stoops and Riley this is complete bull. Stoops quote: "Never was there an issue from Kevin where Kyler's career was concerned. In fact, one of our first interactions happened by chance post game last season". To me it's noteworthy as Mayfield was angling for his 5th year that basically cut Kyler out of one of his year's of eligibility.

Also, he's probably going to measure out at 5'9.5". They say he's up to 204 lbs. He's not "slight". He's solid. He's just not tall. Bradford was tall but slight. He was muscled but not "solidly built".

He made some VERY nice throws to some very well covered receivers. Look at two of the TD's in the Big 12 championship game. Look at that drive at the end of the first half.

He'll go in the first round. He won't go #1. I think Haskins will go as the first QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bubba, the history with Kyler from high school through A&M is daddy was the issue. If course the football staff or ou is going to say no issue.

4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Bubba, I agree that he’s going in the first round. As you know, the NFL is overstocked with idiot owners and incompetent evaluators of talent. That’s why the Ryan Leafs and the Johnny Footballs of the world get drafted in the first round.

KK will walk away with plenty of dollars. But I will be stunned if he succeeds in the league. And theirin lies the problem...for him. Dealing with the fact that he didn’t live up to the hype. Of course, neither did VY. But there’s a difference IMHO. VY had the size with the skill set. I don’t believe that KK does.

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Maybe daddy wiser up?

5-10.1, 207.

4 years ago I wouldn’t have been as optimistic about his chances for success. It the growth of the zone read to the league shuffles that deck.

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That would be totally out of character.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Someone smuggled out a pic of Kyler Murray waiting his turn to be measured at the NFL Combine

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I cant believe what I am reading, but there is a chance Murray is the overall #1. Josh Rosen has supposedly cleared all the Cardinals stuff from his social media. And Murray wont throw at the combine has has already set up meeting with Arizona

10. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

That's okay, we'll get to watch Kyler and Pretty Boy flame out together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not surprised about Rosen as he isn't the answer to any QB issue. Arizona might score a ton of points, but their defense has never been stellar and with Coach Bro in charge will only get worse as all money will go to offense (just like Tceh).

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is a gigantic risk they are all taking together
    If they blow it, which seems highly possible, this flameout will set the Cards back a long time

13. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

What Rick Mueller said above. Please take him. I've never seen 2 (unmanned) aircraft crash at the same time. Might be fun.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kyler Murray and Josh Rosen were in the Eilte11 QB event together back in 2014

[​IMG]

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That IS interesting. I had no idea who the batter was, but that might just be the most famous pigeon ever.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Uncle Calvin
    [​IMG]

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Leadership: Not good.
    Study habits: Not good.
    Board work: Below not good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  19. rick mueller

This is going to be fun to watch! :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn2RunAgain

"Yeah, but...he's fast, man. I mean, haven't you seen him run??"

From reading the above, it's like he's viewed as a midget sized Ryan Leaf... Just like what Kliff Kingsbury might take with the first pick if any franchise was dumb enough to gift him a first pick in the draft...

21. Horn2RunAgain

ESPN radio over the weekend on Murray....

'He played one year in college. One year. Against big 12 defenses, in control of an offense that had major talent. The showcase for him was the Alabama game, a chance to show what he could do vs talent across the line of scrimmage that equaled or exceeded what he had to work with. His team had zero yards of offense by the time the game was decided.'

Kudos to Murray for entering the draft. He'd fail in baseball and might embarrassingly flame out in football but at least he'll have guaranteed nfl money by August. But the rest of his life he could be the butt end of draft bust jokes on a weekly basis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Murray's agent fired back at Casserly

[​IMG]

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It should work in Kyler's favor that Charlie Disasterly doesn't like him. Now if it was somebody that anybody had an ounce of respect for, or who had a credible track record anywhere he has ever been, that would be different.

Disasterly is the Ken Starr of football

:deadhorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. rick mueller

Well put, Sabre!

25. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

So Casserly is full of crap, I guess this scout is as well. I've never seen so much negativity and questions surrounding a potential top pick?

26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

:popcorn:

My prediction is that Murray will just be the next bust in a long line of early QB draft picks that failed to live up.

Here’s a few that come to mind, in no particular order:

Ryan Leaf
    Tim Couch
    Demarcus Russel
    Heath Shuler
    Andre Ware
    Johnny Manziel
    David Carr

And probably 5-10 others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

i expect that you had a similar statement last year about Baker. i would agree if the NFL wasnt migrating to zone read and RPO.

28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

While I can’t stand Baker, a smug, crotch grabbin smart a** punk who deserves for nothing good to happen, he is a much better fit in the League than is Murray. No comparison.

Before you go there, I haven’t disliked all OU QBs. In fact, I really liked (and like) Sam Bradford, a class act.

• Like Like x 2
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I didn't mean that in a "hate" way. I didn't think Baker was going to be successful in the NFL. I was wrong. When I realized that Baker being Baker is the how/why he has become such a success, I looked past it more. Just like his stupid battles with Hugh Jackson. That's just what feeds his motor.

All you need to know about Baker as a leader is to see him be looked at as a leader in the OU locker room during his redshirt year. He's just that guy who everyone hands the keys to when they're heading somewhere.

We can all appreciate our rivals. I loved Major and Colt. Didn't like Sims much. I can appreciate Ehlinger but that doesn't mean I have to like him. :)

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

While I generally concur, I presume you meant JaMarcus Russell

• Like Like x 1