Kyler Murray

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by theiioftx, Oct 6, 2018.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Heard my first extensive interview of him today. No doubt he was a terrific high school player and a great athlete. However, he arrogantly claimed he was the best athlete Texas has ever produced.

Kyler you are not anything from Texas. You are a land thieve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Hey Kyler....VY is calling. And a guy named Earl.
    You're just a dirt burglar.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

You, senator, are no Vince Young.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

He's clearly using the two-sport argument to make that claim.

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I will say this...

In the second quarter, I told someone that I smelled quitter in Murray when he had the three and out. I thought we might be able to get him out of the game mentally, but he rallied and gave it a pretty amazing try.

He's still someone who falls short in the categories that I prize in human beings in general (I'm trying to be nicer about talking bad about opponents, and that's about as nice as I can be about what I think about him as a person.) But the guy's a gamer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Can't say anything bad about Kyler, he played like a champion today, he fell short but he played a heck of a game.

I'm calling it now, we are going to face them again.

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Anyone see the post-game? It seemed like there were some words exchanged between Murray and Ehlinger. Sam was saying something to him as he walked away and it didn't look particularly cordial.

9. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

Nolan Ryan
    Roger Clemens
    Vince Young
    Earl Campbell
    Doak Walker
    Lance Armstrong
    Michael Johnson
    George Foreman

To claim to be the best athlete to come out of Texas, you need to not only be a hall-of-famer, you need to be one of the best to ever play the game.

Kid's got a long way to go.

10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

He went to aggy AND ou

Not good life choices son

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Babe says hello:

Babe Didrikson Zaharias - Wikipedia

"Mildred Ella "Babe" Didrikson Zaharias; June 26, 1911 – September 27, 1956) was an American athlete who excelled in golf, basketball, baseball and track and field. She won two gold medals in track and field at the 1932 Summer Olympics, before turning to professional golf and winning 10 LPGA major championships. She is widely regarded as one of the greatest female athletes of all time.

Mildred Ella Didrikson was born on June 26, 1911,[3] the sixth of seven children, in the coastal city of Port Arthur, Texas.

She moved with her family to 850 Doucette in Beaumont, Texas, at age 4. .... She attended Beaumont High School. "

P.S., for those who didn't go to the Wiki link above, a couple of other snippets from there, my favorite her description of how a woman should hit her golf drive shot, pretty funny, would have loved to have seen her play in her prime:

"She was named the 10th Greatest North American Athlete of the 20th Century by ESPN, and the 9th Greatest Athlete of the 20th Century by the Associated Press.
    Aside from her impact on the women and girls of her time, she impressed seasoned sportswriters also:

She is beyond all belief until you see her perform...Then you finally understand that you are looking at the most flawless section of muscle harmony, of complete mental and physical coordination, the world of sport has ever seen.

sportswriter Grantland Rice, quoted by ESPN

In 2000, Sports Illustrated magazine also named her second on its list of the Greatest Female Athletes of All Time, behind the heptathlete Jackie Joyner-Kersee.
    She broke the mold of what a lady golfer was supposed to be. The ideal in the 20s and 30s was Joyce Wethered, a willowy Englishwoman with a picture-book swing that produced elegant shots but not especially long ones. Zaharias developed a grooved athletic swing reminiscent of Lee Trevino's, and she was so strong off the tee that a fellow Texan, the great golfer Byron Nelson, once said that he knew of only eight men who could outdrive her. "It's not enough just to swing at the ball," Babe said. "You've got to loosen your girdle and really let the ball have it."

journalist Charles McGrath, New York Times"

P.S.S., you'll also note the reference to her playing baseball. Not in "A League of Their Own", she actually played some Major League hardball with the guys. Wow!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  12. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Check out the posts on this on the game thread if you haven't already done so...more info