LA For 1 Day

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by WillWork4Horns, May 6, 2012.

1. WillWork4Horns

WillWork4Horns 100+ Posts

I am making an unexpected stop in LA in a couple of weeks and have never visited there before. I will have from around noon on a Friday until late Saturday afternoon. Looking to hit a few of the areas highlights. Flying into John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana and my hotel is near LAX. Any info or ideas would be helpful!
    "Hook Em"

2. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Been there for business a few times, and once with my family in a situation similar to your's (flew into LA, were heading to Laguna but wanted to spend a day in LA).
    We went to Griffith Observatory -- well worth it. NIce museum you can get through fairly quickly, and the view of downtown is amazing.
    Hollywood Blvd: Ugh. That place is nasty, and makes 6th street seem clean. Still, you can check out some of the stars in the sidewalk, and the handprints at Grauman's. Keep a close grip on your wallet, and be prepared to be solcited by teh Scientologists when you walk past their building. Two of them came up to my daughter and I quickly ran them off.
    Beverly Hills: You can do a drive-through and check it out
    Dining: I enjoyed Ciudad downtown once when I was there on business. I read it has been converted to a Border Grill (some owners -- the cleb chefs Feniger and MIlliken). It is very close to the downtown Westin.
    Coast: Probably not enough time, but if you can get over to the Laguna/Dana Point area, it's worth the drive.