LA Times: TX No.1 but will lose to AM

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TXpride, Nov 5, 2009.

1. TXpride

TXpride 250+ Posts

Saw this in today's LA Times. We've been number 1 in Dufresne's poll for a couple of weeks now. But looks like he thinks we're ripe for an upset at A&M.

LA Times Top 25

He does have some humorous comments about some of the teams though.

2. doylehargraves

doylehargraves 500+ Posts

A&M beats us if we're totally unprepared to play, and completely sleepwalk through it. As long as Muschamp is on the staff, that won't happen.

3. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

i dont think we will win. i think we have a chance, but i dont think it will go our way.

but i do think that the game will be like 2005 where we came out sky high and gave the horns all they could handle, only to lose steam late in the game.

the game will be competitive, but i would be absolutely shocked if the aggies won.

4. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Anyone who thinks College Station is a gimme is messed up in the head.

5. for_real

for_real 25+ Posts

I tried to send him a e-mail explaining how Texas defense will shut down A&M run/play action pass and McCoy having a field day with there secondary, but it would not take my yahoo address.

6. Booyakasha!

Booyakasha! Guest

We will have to be able to run it down their throats. Mistake free football. 75/25 run/pass maybe 80/20. For once I am hoping we play conservatively. Turnovers is the only way the Agro-Americans can beat us.

7. TXpride

TXpride 250+ Posts

8. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

I think aggy is getting better. I see them going to Colorado and winning a close one.

9. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

A storm's a comin' to collie town

[​IMG]

10. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

let's see what aggy does against OU's D and then we'll have a better feel. Personally, I think we spank them. The most points we have given up this year is 24 to Tech. We hold them to 24, we'll win.

11. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

I am more worried about playing the Baptists than I am about playing aggy. Two words describe what it will be like in collie station that day.

Mud

Hole

12. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

Aggie gets better.
    Aggie beats Iowa St.
    Aggie beats TTU.
    Aggie sucks asshat.
    UT stomps aggie.
    Aggie goes into depression.
    Aggie changes coaches.
    Cycle repeats.
    [​IMG]

13. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

Relax, A&M isn't going to do ****. They still have Sherman at the helm. They only beat Tech by running the QB draw repeatedly, Coach Boom won't allow that.

45-7 Texas

14. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

I am really concerned about A&M..so many thigns that will add to their ferocity for that one...knocking us out of theconferecen championship game, natl championship game (IF we are unbeten going into that one), 10th anniversary of Bonfire, being in College Station, a chance to prove their "resurgence" on national TV, our lack of a running game, suspect O-Line, and offensive plays to the sidelines.

They will also be out to injure "Cart", IMO.
    Then, who is officiating?

15. geezerhorn

geezerhorn 1,000+ Posts

I think aggy is getting better.

I think aggy might start to believe as their delusional fans.

I think aggy could go K-state in Boulder, but maybe not

16. Alto Relex

Alto Relex 250+ Posts

If we show up ready to play we win big, period. All that scares me is that the team would go in half asleep.

17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We win at aggy. Decisively.

Those players don't give a **** about bonfire nor do they identify with the event 10 years ago -- they were little kids then, and mostly dumb, which is why they end up at aggy.

We have Greg Davis. Advantage: A&M
    We have Coach Boom. Advantage: Texas

Boom cancels Davis x 10.

18. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

I'm more worried about coming out flat against Central Florida than I am about losing to A&M. Over half of this team knows what it feels like to choke away their shot at the B12 championship by losing to the Aggies. It's not about to happen this year. The team will be as focused as they were against Oklahoma State, and the result will be similar.

19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Aggy is getting better and they for sure are not a gimme -
    but I'll say it again, if we roll into Collie with the Big 12 and MNC on the line, ain't no way we lose.
    Muschamp and the gang won't allow it.

I would be nervous if Aggy had a bi-week before us, but it will be a short week for both of us.
    We'll be ready.

20. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

The one thing that really worries me about that game is that aggy will go Kellen Heard on one of our star players. They try to pull crap like this every year. I would be very worried if we had to play them without Colt, Ship, etc.

I seriously hope that if they intentionally try to injure any of our players, Muschamp orders the defense to start taking people's heads off -- not in the literal sense, but I want the defense to play like they are out for blood. aggy needs to get the message that any dirty stuff will NOT be tolerated on T-day.

21. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

never take aggy for granted. they beat us twice in a row when people thought they had no chance. defense or no defense.

22. tamster

tamster 500+ Posts

It has the makings of the 2005 game against aggy, but i think jerrod johnson is not as likely as stephen mcgee to take right to the defense. remember how mcgee kept getting lit up by michael griffin & co? he kept talking mess, though, and i have to give him credit for that b/c he never backed down to the clearly superior Horns.

In addition, Colt needs to win this game to have a 0.500 win percentage against them, so i think we will come out on top. if we play conservatively like we did against ok. state and have some scores from the goon squad or special teams, it will become a blowout. I'm predicting 30-13, but let's take care of UCF first.

skc

23. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Frankly more worried about K State in the Big 12 CG

[​IMG]

24. Cheese Taco

Cheese Taco 25+ Posts

Folks, the Big 12 will not be on the line against aggy, unless we lose to Baylor or Kansas. We will get the South trophy after the KU game. Only in aggy math, where they pick and choose what games count in the standings, can they win the conference.
    That being said, the team will know what is on the line, we will jump on them early, take the crowd out of the game, and win by 21. Not even Dinesh Patel himself can stop this team.

25. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

26. Sealman81

Sealman81 25+ Posts

Greg Davis isn't the problem with our offense.....

But eATMe won't run on us like they did on Technical.

27. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

28. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

29. pjohnson

pjohnson 100+ Posts

How can a person rate a team #1 and then say that they are going to lose. That is the very antithesis of being #1.

30. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

There isn't too much wrong with our offense. When we struggle, it's because either

A) Colt is under the weather

B) A team manages to drop 5-6 back into zone coverage that covers the normal short routes and gets enough pressure with the front 4-5 to hurry Colt. Colt has shown that he struggles sometimes getting the ball right on the money between these zones and this is where his interceptions occur.

We saw some of this against Oklahoma and especially against Tech last year. Tech dared us to throw deep by sitting in zone coverage, covering the short stuff. their d-line abused our o-line. OSU tried this by dropping 8 and rushing 3 but it didn't work out well for them.

We just need to be able to run the ball and use screens/misdirection to thawrt a heavy pass rush and zone coverage.

Greg Davis has done a good job of countering some of the defensive ploys, albeit a bit slow sometimes