LA Times: TX No.1 but will lose to AM

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TXpride, Nov 5, 2009.

1. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

I lurk from time to time and felt it was a funny statement that A&M plays dirty. We are a lot of things but we don't play dirty. It was a ridiculous statement with one incident from Heard and then an event that happend 35+ years ago. I'm sure we've had players in between do something stupid but it's probably far from a trend. We aren't poking players eye's out or such.

Also, I like the hit Kindle put on Potts but could you have gotten a worse angle? Kindle does lead with the helmet but that is a form tackle. Many would say that is a penalty, I say it's good tackling.

Again, no one can say why the Miller tackle is dirty.

2. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

3. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

I hope that Texas goes to A&M with an attitude somewhere between "rivarly bitterness" and "unquenchable rage". That is the one game in which we should be throwing deep balls with 30 seconds left.

4. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

We sure do have a bunch of people who are certain there's no way we lose to A&M this year. Those are probably the same people who thought there was NO way A&M would beat us two consecutive years (2006 & 2007). There are many instances of A&M ruining our season in College Station. This year, A&M has everything to gain by beating us and very little to lose if they come up short. This game is a potential minefield to Texas and anyone who doesn't think so is delusional.

5. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

6. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

7. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

8. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

I've never called McCoy that and don't really see the point. I've seen many on here make jokes about Bonfire falling but I dare to say that most Texas supporters don't think that it's funny. Datamining to support your cause isn't very healthy.

And I did love the hit on McCoy by M. Bennett but not because McCoy got hurt but because it was clean and very nice form.

But then again, we have such dirty players that I'm sure you can find more instances of dirty play on the field. By dirty play, I don't mean that ****** teams we've fielded either.

There is nothing more reassuring about firing a coach than your rival saying you should keep him.

9. swc.lives.on

swc.lives.on 500+ Posts

10. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

1st--- Texas isn't #1, at least in the polls.
    2nd-- Texas will NOT lose to aggy!

11. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

12. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

And? I guess every player in the country that has done something that stupid has been kicked off immediately. Especially at Texas where the players are saints.

13. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

14. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Apparently the level of coaching and player leadership on this team is still a big secret.

15. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

we wil easily kick their asses

16. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

mike sherman and kellen heard mutually decided to part ways.

kellen left A&M with one year of eligibility left and is now playing for the memphis tigers.

17. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Right now I am more concerned with Central Florida than the Aggies.

But back to the subject matter I wonder why he rates us No. 1 if he thinks we are going to lose to the Aggies.

18. hkemup91

hkemup91 < 25 Posts

Before Muschamp everything hinged on our offense. If the offense was having an off day they had to pull something out of their arse to win. With our current defense the offense can wake up in the 4th quarter and pull out a game. Good defense wins championships.

19. hamhorn

hamhorn 100+ Posts

1973 is a damned lot closer to yesterday than 1939 is. So your last National Championship shouldn't count, FireRC?

20. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

well to be honest, 1939 doesnt really count for anyone other than aggies.

21. hamhorn

hamhorn 100+ Posts

I'll say this much for you, Proposition, you have a sense of humor.

22. HilltopHorn

HilltopHorn 25+ Posts

As long as we stay out of the Ramada or any other hotel in B/CS, and take our own chefs, we should be fine.

23. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

24. Sugarpunk

Sugarpunk 500+ Posts

Just pack a plethora of coolers with sammiches, milk and OJ and throw them on the bus and we're good to go. What I wonder now is why the team didn't hit up the Hornfans tailgate back in '99 and load up on breakfast tacos. I seriously wonder that.

We're gonna f**k those clowns up in College Station. You can quote me on that.

25. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

aggy's gotten better as the season has gone on, and the Shermanator's not doing a bad job with agricultural. That being said...nope, barring divine intervention, Texas isn't losing over in dysfunction junction.

This Texas team is not only ultra-talented, but driven to finish the season right. The worst thing for aggy is that their recent wins have put them on the Horns' radar. Last time I checked, Coach Boom is still coaching our defense, which leads me to believe aggy's not gonna be running up the score on us. On the flip side, the UT offense is getting in synch, and aggy's defense is NOT the wrecking crew.

I think aggy hangs with the Horns for a while on pure emotion, but when push comes to shove, it will be Texas doing the pushing and shoving, and winning by a couple of touchdowns, or more.

26. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Agree with Coolhorn as the teams are constituted now. Let's see where everyone is on the 22nd. The ou defense has the capability to put a real physical hurt on the aggy offense.

27. obsessedhorn

obsessedhorn 100+ Posts

It's funny that many are saying this will be a dangerous games just because the aggies want to beat us so badly. Well, it is like that every year, it is their sole mission in life but usually doesn't matter when Texas has a clearly better team. Besides, I am sure okst really wanted to beat Texas too after 11 years of frustration and being oh so close several times and we see how that worked out...Talent will trump "want to" in the end.

28. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

29. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

No way Colt finishes his career 1-3 vs. the aggies!