Lache Seastrunk

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by gdavis, Apr 6, 2008.

1. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

Obviously a very fast RB. What are our prospects for this 2010 talent?

Temple

Rivals

Youtube

2. Bevotee

Bevotee < 25 Posts

Amazing footage. Was he the blur zipping past all the guys standing around in their football uniforms?

3. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

4. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

So its between Texas and Lsu. It also depends on the success of Whaley and the other RB's.

5. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

6. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

He will most likely be the top RB in Texas in the '10 class and has a very good shot of being a top 100 national recruit.

I think Jeffcoat is the top player in the state (and possibly even the country) for '10. After him, you have the group with Sam Carter, Seastrunk, etc. Lots of talent in 2010.

7. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

I don't know much about recruiting, but I like the name

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

OMG Mack, we gotta have this kid.

Quick through the hole, fast as hell, powerful long strides - reminded me at first of Adrian Peterson, then I saw some Ricky and a little Earl mixed in.

Already a man among boys.... can you imagine how good he is going to be by his Sr. season?

9. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Wow! I can't say I saw a lot of power there, but the kid is only 16. His speed, quickness, balance, and vision are already incredible.

10. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

OK I've only watched the youtube video and I guess I'm of a dissenting opinion here but I wasn't completely blown away and am not ready to herald him the next great savior.

He looks like he can be a phenomenal running back but I wasn't totally blown away by the vid. He's got speed and great blocking and just followed his blocks to the outside.

I will give him a lot of credit for his juke, that is one of the most fluid aspects of his skill set that I could see. It was pretty impressive. That being said i can't wait to see his next year's highlights.

11. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

Does he have a PhD in Shakeology???

12. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

That kid has a bad case of the "quicks". Not one clip of someone who could keep pace with him much less even think about catching him. Impressive young man & I'd love to see another speedster grace the 40 acres in Burnt Orange pants and a cape.

[​IMG]

13. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Perhaps he's in the mold of Eric Metcalf then with a dose of power to go along with it?

14. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

His speed reminds me of Steel Shank when he was a sophomore.

15. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts

And it just so happens that Temple will be on Leander's nondistrict schedule for the next two years [​IMG] . And for the guy that said he wasn't blown away by this guys sophomore footage, just realize that he was a sophomore last year. Odds are he was 15 years old at the start of last years football season and in alot of these clips i would assume. He'll have plenty of time to put on 15 or so pounds and still maintain that freakish speed that he already possesses.

16. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

AT 5'11" 180, he reminds me a little of J Charles. Texas would definitely love to see that speed back here in a few years.

Does Leander have Temple at home this year?

17. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts

I'm not sure to be honest with you. I follow the program here and there, but im not living in Leander anymore to be able to follow them on a weekly basis. But I've heard Jamaal Charles comparisons, but another comparison i've heard is that he plays alot like Cy Fairs Sam McGuffie.

18. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

Bob McQueen would be proud.

19. bevaux

bevaux 250+ Posts

The real deal.
    Loves UT.
    Hates aggy.
    Was at Spring game sitting in recruits section.
    Ran a 10.34 100 meters recently.
    Average to good student/works hard to do his best.

20. bevaux

bevaux 250+ Posts

Very sure.
    Wears UT stuff all the time.
    Parents big UT fans.

21. sinless1

sinless1 500+ Posts

22. ynot

ynot 25+ Posts

Well . . . . . . he cannot be all that.

No one has said one word about his forearms yet.

Until I know more about that . . . . . . . . . .mehh! [​IMG]

23. Superfan

Superfan 250+ Posts

If he reminds anyone of Earl or Ricky, then that person needs an MRI....

He's much closer to a Jamaal Charles or Eric Metcalf.

24. accougars

accougars First Time Poster

This guy looks nothing like any of the great Texas backs.

He is a compact burner. If you want to look at a guy he is similar to at the college level take a look at Chris Johnson from East Carolina:

youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok

Seastrunk has very similar size speed to Johnson and if you play close attention their stride even looks similar.

25. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

OK - I'd take that...

26. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

27. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

Not bad. Looks like Leander takes on Temple in Temple this year on 9/12.

28. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

29. Tom Ato

Tom Ato 25+ Posts

30. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Really, which ones?

Shoot me over a link. I'm interested in what she has to say. I've read everything she's posted on OU boards. Love to see if it's about the same as what she's posting on all of those other ones.
    Thanks!