Lache Seastrunk

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by gdavis, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Ruby Soho

Ruby Soho 100+ Posts

2. b0nedry

b0nedry 25+ Posts

guys, i'm sorry but football recruiting is going the way of basketball recruiting. Do you think it's a coincidence that one of Darrel Scotts coaches now magically appears on CU's recruiting staff? Mack doesn't play those games and never will. Sometime soon Texas will be crossed off Lache Seastrunk's list of Favs and some will wonder why Mack stopped recruiting the kid.

3. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

Will check out his 1st game this year against Cedar Park next Friday, in Leander.

4. bdog33

bdog33 100+ Posts

I drove through Temple on my way to the game on Sat. and I saw a billboard that said "Congratulations LSU College Football Champions 2007."

Seems like Les Miles is really trying to get this kid......I hate recruiting like this. [​IMG]

5. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

I've seen that billboard a few times. I'm sure it was just some obnoxious prick of an LSU alum who wanted to drop that right in the heart of Texas. I wouldn't be surprised though if that alum put it there for Lache to see.

6. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

It's been mentioned before. The Lamar advertising people in Temple are big LSU boosters.

7. 93ex

93ex 100+ Posts

There was a nice little profile on him at halftime of the Lake Travis Westlake game last night. According the profile, he won't commit until after his senior year is done. By the way, he sounded like a great kid based on the interview last night. We (or anybody else) would be lucky to have him. He's going to be a great player and great representative for whatever school he chooses.

8. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

76 yd TD run in the 1st half tonight. I left midway through the 4th so not sure if he added much after that. I'd say he was probably 15 - 125 at that pt (just guessing). Reminds me a lttle of Ramonce. He is obviously faster than everyone else but always seems to be waiting to hit the homerun. He cut back a few times tonight running sideline to sideline only to gain a few yards, in most cases. On one inside move he showed very nice lateral moves. Not really a fan of the Temple offense. It is very much run oriented and their QB doesn't provide much so teams should be stacked up to stop Lache.

On the Cedar Park side I was real impressed with Holmes Onwukaife. I thought he looked to be more polished than Okafor last week from Pflugerville. He might not have the upside Okafor does (he's shorter than Okafor), but Holmes looks like he was more ready to play college ball. Not bad for a 2010 grad. I'd say he is a keeper.

9. Wasatch Horn

Wasatch Horn 250+ Posts

Not to steal Lache's thunder but if we miss out on him there is a Sophomore running back from San Antonio Madison who looks to be just as good. Aaron Green from SA Madison just rushed for 428 yards and 9 TDs against Kerrville Tivy on Thursday. He is 15 years old and he is the nephew of former KC chief Gary Green.

So the way I look at it there is always going to be another great back coming out of this great state.

10. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

11. LibertyValance

LibertyValance < 25 Posts

In regards to this:

I drove through Temple on my way to the game on Sat. and I saw a billboard that said "Congratulations LSU College Football Champions 2007."

Yeah, I saw that too, a few weeks back and was wondering to myself what in the hell is that all about. Why would such a billboard about LSU football appear deep in the heart of Texas? What would motivate someone to put up such a billboard in Temple, Texas, of all places? Well, maybe now we have an answer. Who knows for sure? Just speculation on my part. [​IMG]

12. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

12-134-2

Amazing that Temple's biggest threat only got 12 touches. I'm not sure he is big enought to handle 20 - 25 touches, but they need to get him atleast 15 - 18.

13. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life 100+ Posts

14. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

I went to the game as well just to see Lache play but was rather disappointed. I know Temple lost a good number of starters from last year so it was expected. The 70+ yard TD was a bit of a blur when it happened but it was impressive to see Lache get through the tightest of holes. Temple does not utilize him as a featured back and at half time he had less than ten touches. He is an explosive player as you can tell from the highlights on youtube. It was a shame to see someone with that explosiveness under utilized. I wonder if it is his size that will keep him from getting the touches.

15. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

It could be that maybe the Temple coaches are just retards? Don't know for sure just puttin' it out there. Doesn't seem like Temple has made the best of hires after McQueen.

16. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

for high school, even 5A, his size is fine. fozzy was smaller and got workhorsed in high school. so did hodges, so did jerrell wilkerson, etc. no fewer than 50% of temple's plays should be run through seastrunk. the rest of their team ain't that special. there are some good players, mind you, but not special.

17. maninblack

maninblack < 25 Posts

18. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Starting to hear that Texas coaches won't be recruiting LS, and Temple coaches aren't real happy with their star.

19. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

What gives?

20. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

21. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

I was looking at him on the sidelines while the defense was out there and all though it is hard to tell what a persons emotions are, it was evident that he was trying to get the team motivated. I am not sure what his attitude is like and if that is what is keeping him from touches but I guess his team mates and coaches know that for sure. It is only his junior year so there is at least 1 more year to turn things around if there is a problem. If his attitude is the issue, then there might be a problem. I am sure the added fame of his video highlights and the mass recruiting attention could negatively impact his attitude, especially if he doesn't get the reps. But then again, if he shows he is a team player despite the lack of touches, that would say a lot about his character.

22. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

dthree26 is right. He is a young man and we have to understand his youth and the pressure on him. This is one I still hope we get. [​IMG]

23. Wasatch Horn

Wasatch Horn 250+ Posts

You know Lache has a family member that posts here from time to time, I'm sure that person is not going to address any negative allegations but I sure would like to hear from her.

24. airportlobby

airportlobby 100+ Posts

Bummer. Hopefully this is all just rumor and is incorrect - I wish these kids had more privacy. It would be a shame if a self-interested party steers him to a ttt like LSU.

There's plenty of time to work out any potential problems if they actually do exist.

25. jblonghorn

jblonghorn 25+ Posts

Texas is not actively recruiting Mr. Seastrunk. He doesn't fit the type of recruit Mack & Co. wants.

26. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

So Mack and Co. don't want badasses?

27. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

Does anyone else think it's a little ironic that Lache's Aunt joined hornfans and came on here to defend Lache and all of his possibly undue criticism on this board and lately there's been more and more LSU speculation and even some rumors/criticism that comes with that and she is nowhere to be found. Hmm not a good sign for the good guys if you ask me.

28. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

eh maybe, she was very nice though.

29. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

It seems to me that a lot of folks are jumping the gun on this one. I seriously doubt the kid has any idea which way he's leaning just yet, beyond having a list of three or four schools he likes.

I'm also pretty sure no one is so plugged in to Mack's recruiting as to say for sure he is or isn't recruiting Seastrunk. As to Seastrunk having some kind of posse, or advisor, any kid with talent out there usually has some hangers on. If he's smart, he won't let himself be guided by someone else. If he's not smart, Mack will snap to it, and Seastrunk won't wear burnt orange.

I don't claim to be an expert on either Lache Seastrunk or UT recruiting, but I'm betting Texas winds up with a very good running back or two, no matter which school Seastrunk chooses in a couple of years. Meantime, he needs the space to enjoy his high school career without being forced to play the recruiting speculation game any more than he wants to.

30. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts