Lache Seastrunk

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by gdavis, Apr 6, 2008.

1. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Thank you Bevo Incognito, that should quell all the talk of Texas not recruiting him, many folks know otherwise.

2. TEX53INTENN

TEX53INTENN 25+ Posts

Basketball style recruiting is entering football. A member of the staff can attend a game and watch a player.That does'nt mean Texas is recruiting him. They are not. His situation will have to make a major change before Mack Brown even
    considers this kid,

3. okhorns

okhorns 100+ Posts

Look I'm sure this kid will do what is best for himself and his family. Let's not speculate on anything that will bring harm to everyone involved. I wish the best for Lache and The University without having to link both of them together. [​IMG]

4. TexasDoc

TexasDoc < 25 Posts

Good morning everyone...long time listener, first time poster so to speak. I thought this topic would be perfect for me to chime in on. As someone who is close to the Temple program (no, not a coach) I have been watching Seastrunk long before he had any of this hype. If you haven't seen him play, Friday against Plano would be a great opportunity...he is as good as advertised.

To the post above that says Texas is not actively recruiting him...according to his personal trainer (whom I trust his word), Major Applewhite called during a streching session two days ago. Sounds to me like they are actively recruiting! By all accounts I have heard from people who know, he is LEANING towards LSU right now...he hasn't made up his mind. To realize this means absolutely nothing, just look at Ryan Perilloux or Darrell Scott....they were both leaning towards Texas until signing day.

Anyways, I am a lifetime Texas kinda guy...went to the University and now religiously follow the program. Its nice to finally be a part of these discussions.

5. Wasatch Horn

Wasatch Horn 250+ Posts

Forget Seastrunk I'm officially on the Aaron Green bandwagon.

6. hornitas

hornitas 250+ Posts

thanks texdoc, welcome from an old hand with a new handle

7. Ruby Soho

Ruby Soho 100+ Posts

Forget Creer I'm officially on the Jermie Calhoun bandwagon.

Forget Calhoun I'm officially on the Christine Michael bandwagon.

Forget Michael I'm officially on the Lache Seastrunk bandwagon.

8. Wasatch Horn

Wasatch Horn 250+ Posts

When it comes to recruiting I go by this motto

SWSWSW
    Some Will
    Some Wont
    So What

This is Texas and every year there is going to be a great runningback or quarterback, so what if we miss out on one we will go for the next one.

9. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

147 yards, including a 84 yd TD, per link:

Lache update

Burkhead had 4 rushing TDs, 1 receiving, and 1 on a punt return.

10. TexasDoc

TexasDoc < 25 Posts

Thanks for the welcome!

I was at the Temple/Plano game last Friday and noticed a couple of things. 1). Burkhead for Plano is a solid athlete. He reminds me a lot of Brett Robin a few years back...probably won't break you any 80 yards runs, but has a heart the size of a rhino. 2). Seastrunk really is the real deal. I have to consistently remind myself he is putting up great numbers against quality opponents...all the while doing so with a less than stellar offensive line, and very unimaginative play calling.

Anyways, back to the here and now...time to put a hurtin on the hogs this weekend. I fully expect Colt to have another 20 of 24 game, 290 yards, 3 touchdowns. The kid has some confidence this year. Yall have a great week.

11. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

I've heard that LSU is in the lead because Les Miles agreed to Lache's demands that the Tigers change their uniforms to Temple-style. If Lache signs in 2010, LSU's pants will be purple in the front and yellow in the back.

Mack Brown initially denied this request, but it reportedly reconsidering.

12. Jen Seastrunk

Jen Seastrunk < 25 Posts

I have been busy with my son playing football and I have also had to deal with that no matter what I say or how much I defend Lache, there will always be rumors I have no control over. Lache is doing great and loving his Wildcat football and school. He is a wonderful young man with a good head on his shoulders and he would not do anything to jeopardize his future.....

13. Hornithologist

Hornithologist 100+ Posts

Jen, where have you been?? Rumors are running wild here on HornFans. We've missed you and don't understand how Lache could, reportedly, be tempted by the dark side after being so enthusiastic about TEXAS football all these years.

Please enlighten us.

14. Jen Seastrunk

Jen Seastrunk < 25 Posts

I'm sorry...I have been crazy with my kids and Lache's football....I will keep more in touch!

Lache is weighing all his options..... [​IMG] But, the rumors of UT not looking at him are not true.....we have to keep our fingers crossed- it would be great to have him in Austin....

15. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

This should decide it for us. Let's let the coaches and Lache handle it now and wait until he decides what he wants to do.

16. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

17. Texas.PancakeMan

Texas.PancakeMan 100+ Posts

You have QUITE an athlete on your hands, Jen. I, and I believe I speak on behalf of all of Austin, wish the best of Lache and your family, no matter what college he attends. It's great to hear everything is going well ,and good to see that Lache's touch is still getting better and better.

Don't concern yourself w/ all of these crazed posts and rumors running rampant.. some people just want to try spicing life up a little bit, and don't realize the pressure that is put on these kids and how inconsiderate it is.

18. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

Temple now 0 - 4 after a loss to A&M Consolidated. Lache was held to 16 - 63 on the ground but had TD receptions of 64 and 38 yds. Lache had 488 rushing yds and 4 TDs coming into this one (in previous 3 games).
    0 - 4

19. TootMyHorn

TootMyHorn < 25 Posts

I was at the Plano game and I really like this guys speed, I think he would be a good pick up for us [​IMG]

20. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

0 - 5

Temple is not good. Lache had 126 rushing yds including a 74 yd TD. Article did not mention pass yds or total touches.

21. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Cove absolutely stuffed him all game, except for that long TD, which was a screwed up D play call. They didn't let Lache have the corner. The one time he got there, he was gone! Their offensive playcalling left a lot to be desired. Seastrunk did not get the ball nearly as much as he should have.

With a good o line, the kid will be great. He is really fast and has good moves, but doesn't have much power yet.

22. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

1 - 5

Temple wins a game...

Lache had a good one too (from the article):

In a tremendous duel of running backs, junior speedster Seastrunk carried 17 times for 291 yards and scores of 63, 46, 8 and 81 yards, while Ellison senior and Texas Tech commitment Daniel Cobb ran 28 times for 191 yards and touchdowns of 1 and 60 yards.

23. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

Through 6 games I have him at 9 rushing TDs (6 of greater than 45 yds). Last year I think 12 of his 19 TDs were also of 45 or more yds. He has atleast 2 receiving TDs this year (from 38 and 64).

24. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

I would say that 17 carries for 291 yards is a pretty good game. Hope he was watching us Saturday afternoon and LSU Saturday night.

25. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

Temple Wins Again

Looks like Temple got up early and didn't need much from Lache. From the link:

"A week after running for a career-high 291 yards and four touchdowns, Seastrunk carried only nine times - once in the second - for 83 yards and didn't play in the fourth quarter. He's run for 1,051 yards and 10 TDs this season."

and

"...Lache Seastrunk scored on a 41-yard dash as he surpassed the 1,000-yard mark..."

26. TexasDoc

TexasDoc < 25 Posts

Jen, it was reported on Orangebloods that Lache went to the Missouri game with his uncle and came away very impressed. It was mentioned he went into the locker room afterwards and was greeted by Mack, Major, Colt, etc. Any truth to all this?

27. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

In the AUstin paper it says that Lache is averaging 12 ypc but that he barely gets any carries. What's the deal w/that?

28. Jen Seastrunk

Jen Seastrunk < 25 Posts

Yes, he had a blast- he called me on his way home and was so excited!

29. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

I really wish ESPN could do a recruiting story that follows recruits from their sophomore or junior years. I just wish someone would do a documentary like that. I would be real interested to see what that is like for them. I remember them doing one for basketball.

I'd prefer to see a football one. Perhaps also going to different colleges and seeing the recruiting pitch different coaches do. Sure would be neat.

30. velvet master

velvet master 100+ Posts

just watched ten minutes of Seastrunk highlights. the young man is amazing. One thing that I noticed is that he only uses the right side of the field. He loves the right sideline. won't go left.
    [​IMG]