Lache Seastrunk's Favorites

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by LonghornCougar, Mar 13, 2009.

1. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

Top 2

For those short on time, go to :58 secs.

[​IMG]

2. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

LSU and Texas

3. Ruby Soho

Ruby Soho 100+ Posts

Unfortunately, that video is almost a year old. USC may now be the favorite.

4. Goodfellow

Goodfellow 25+ Posts

USC IS the favorite.

5. OakHillHorn

OakHillHorn 100+ Posts

USC already has commits from 2 high caliber running backs. I don't see them as the favorites.

6. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

7. jameson_bond

jameson_bond 500+ Posts

8. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

The trend seems to be go to USC, get limited reps behind the more experienced 5 star backs, then transfer and either sit out a season or go to some directional school. Why they do it is beyond me. I guess kids think LA is Mecca.

9. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

His choice of attire says USC is the fave.

10. RunRickyRun34

RunRickyRun34 250+ Posts

11. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

USC has 1 RB commit. Dillon Baxter is coming in as a WR. Anyway, it appears Texas and LSU are the early favs. Damn.

12. vanterminator

vanterminator 25+ Posts

One of the posters has already said this, this is an old video. notice they say that he still have 2 years of high school left.
    obviously if it were new, they would have said he has 1 yr of HS to go

13. pfhornfan

pfhornfan < 25 Posts

I thought they said, "with just a year till he sign's a letter of intent."

14. tigger

tigger 25+ Posts

It will likely end up only a Texas and LSU race..

T. Reed is very likely to go to the same school.

15. sinless1

sinless1 500+ Posts

16. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

signs a letter of intent

17. fullpads

fullpads < 25 Posts

Plural what?

18. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

This will play out until next February so don't worry about it until December. Never know when a breaking story may come out on Christmas day.

19. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Well, if it is February I would bet the ranch against us. When is the last time we got a commitment from a headline player in Feb?

20. jsto60

jsto60 25+ Posts

February of their JR year is $$ for the horns.

21. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Is Major recruiting Lache?

22. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

From rivals:

Temple (Texas) five-star running back Lache Seastrunk receives mail from colleges on a daily basis, most of which he never opens.

The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder, ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 1 running back in the country and No. 2 overall recruit, sifts through the letters looking for just a few schools in particular.

One of those schools is Auburn. And Seastrunk just doesn't open his mail from the Tigers.

"I hang it up on my wall," he said.

Seastrunk, who has rushed for more than 1,500 yards and 14 touchdowns each of the last two seasons, has never been to Auburn. He's never shook head coach Gene Chizik's hand, nor running backs coach/recruiter Curtis Luper's.

But he's talked to both on the phone. He's done some research. He's liked what he's heard. He's liked what he's seen. Enough so that his Auburn mail not only makes it onto his bedroom wall, it's even displayed in his locker at school.

"You can go look in my locker right now and see them hanging up," said Seastrunk. "I only have two letters hanging up in my locker. One of them is Auburn."

23. TxTower

TxTower 25+ Posts

Ketch is going to have to camp out in front of Lache's locker to find who the other letter is from. [​IMG]

24. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

I wonder why Auburn? They've produced some pretty good RB's recently, and had a run-oriented offense under Tuberville, but there's no guarantee Chizik will continue that philosophy.

Oh well, better there than OU or aTm.

25. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

AU's RB coach is Curtis Luper. Luper's dad is the pastor at Seastrunk's church.

26. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

They got a thread on tigerdroppings that Lache says AUburn is his favorite.
    The Link

27. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

but he was always wearing USC gear [​IMG]

so much for those of you that believed that crap meant anything.

28. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

It would be hard to fault him for wanting to play for his pastor's son.

29. Texas.PancakeMan

Texas.PancakeMan 100+ Posts

FWIW, Lache apparently has more FB friends @ Texas than any other school, and nearly triples that of any other notable schools (LSU and Auburn). Ironically, I got this news from an Aggie.

Ya, this means absolutely nothing, but at least shows he has more friendlier connections here than anywhere else.

30. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

I think most Auburn fans understand that if Texas turns up the heat, he'll be a Horn. The development is exciting for a few reasons: 1) the old staff was often afraid of chasing after big names (largely for fear of bidding wars), 2) the old staff was afraid of recruiting in Texas heavily, despite many connections there, and 3) everyone has believed Seastrunk has strong LSU ties, and perhaps if he likes Auburn, but chooses not to go there, it'll get him to Texas, not LSU, who's in the same division of the same conference as Auburn.

I'd look for Auburn to be a much stronger player with the Dyer kid out of Little Rock than Seastrunk come Feb, but we can always dream, can't we?