Lache Seastrunk's Favorites

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by LonghornCougar, Mar 13, 2009.

1. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

This is a counterproductive trail. The pork chops were great tonight at Hoover's...

2. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

I used to live right next to Hoover's, and concur on the chops.

3. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

and since Trooper was there, it looks even more like AU had something to do with setting it up

4. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Calling out Saban is worse for Auburn than any minor recruiting violation. I expect Auburn will lose three straight before their coach gets booted.

5. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

"Given running back Lache Seastrunk's comments during Auburn's Big Cat unofficial visit weekend, it's hard to imagine the Temple (Texas) standout ending up anywhere else at this point. His familiarity with the Auburn staff -- particularly recruiting coordinator Curtis Luper, his recruiter of record -- and the way the Tigers have approached his recruitment has been the difference so far. Seastrunk also has been reportedly encouraging other recruits to give Auburn a hard look, a sure indication that at least as of right now, he's going to join Gene Chizik's program."

This was part of LonghornCougar's Shurburtt link.

6. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

There may be something to the Auburn story after all. I think we can write Lache off now even though I really thought it was going to be between us and LSU.

7. Booyakasha!

Booyakasha! Guest

Poor guy. You wanna go to Auburn? With Chizik? Maybe if Tubberville was still there. Chizik has already shown in the last two years that head coaching may not be his strong suit. Great D coordinator though. Maybe Lache has aspirations of switching to corner.....well if that were the case....noone better than Akina, so Texas would be better still. Either way we are gonna pick up some great running backs and will perenially be in the hunt for a national title. One recruit will not make a huge difference. That said, Lache you still rock dude - you a bad muphucka.

8. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

9. bigbend1812

bigbend1812 500+ Posts

I can think of one who did. [​IMG]

10. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

11. Booyakasha!

Booyakasha! Guest

There is an exception to every rule. Its more likely that I will be correct.

12. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Per Orangebloods, Lache was a no show at UT's camp this weekend.

13. Bill in Sinton

I don't know if any or part of the things about him are true but if they are I am beginning to think that maybe we have dodged another bullet. But I really hope they aren't really true.

14. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't believe Seastrunk will be coming to UT. You should refocus in other directions.

16. 210-816-Horn

210-816-Horn 250+ Posts

Move along, nothing to see here!
    [​IMG]

17. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

With Whaley and Cody churning up the defenses, by mid season we'll be more concerned about 2011 rb recruits.....

18. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

The concern I have, tholly, is that our running game will just be that - churn. If we don't have anyone to counter expectations from the defense, all they'll have to do is plug the middle and drop everyone else into pass coverage.

A guy with Seastrunk's kind of talent makes it that much harder for defenses to prepare a steady gameplan - he's someone you'd have to account for in the same way teams had to account for Reggie Bush when he was at SC.

A pile-driver attack with Johnson and Whaley as featured backs will definitely chew up our weaker opponents. Against the better teams with outstanding front 7s - this includes OU and potentially Florida - that kind of approach becomes a liability.

I'm just saying we'd be a better team if we had Seastrunk than if we didn't, in the same way that we were a better team with Ramonce Taylor than without him.

And of course, our only NC under Brown came when we had him, Vince and Charles in the backfield.

Anyway, Seastrunk himself isn't the problem to me. It's that we can't seem to get guys of his type into the program. Some of it's bad luck, but some of it is also a general discomfort with guys who crave the spotlight. We save ourselves a lot of headaches in the process, but we lose a lot of potential game-changers as well.

19. allweatherHorn

20. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

21. Bill in Sinton

Good point on sour grapes Laphroaig10! We suffered from a bad taste of sour grapes by losing RP a few years ago.

[​IMG]

22. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

23. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

I can't understand why lache would want to go to UT's on-the-job training center for coaches. Doesn't he know that every single coach on Auburn's staff would leave on the drop of a hat if offered a lateral job at Texas. I don't know what kind of kool aid they are giving out at Auburn, but someone needs to explain the difference between top tier, ie USC,Florida,LSU,Texas, Ohio State, ou and also rans, ie aggy,auburn,okie lite,michigan state.

24. allweatherHorn

I hope my comment wasn't taken as an attack on Lache. I don't know anything about him, like I suspect everyone else on this board.

25. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

26. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

i don't quite get why some people get so worked over who goes where and who does what...

and it seems some people like to resort to personal attacks, even without much evidence... to make themselves feel better

27. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Quick question what DE did UT miss out on a few years ago who we were hoping to get and thought he would end up here but didn't and we were all upset over it.

Chancey Ahayere. How many of you remembered that? Exactly and there's a multitude of recruits out there. It's June not January so there's no point in getting worked up over a recruit. Would you rather him commit then decommit a la Perrilloux?

Let's look forward to what we have and what the season will bring. Things will work themselves out.

28. gs1

gs1 100+ Posts

Eh we may as well have a national championship before signing day.

29. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Don't everybody get their panties in a wad. If he doesn't want to be here, let him go to Auburn. I think it is a huge mistake, but it's his decision. Given the talent we already have, and the talent coming in, we're going to be fine. I doubt very seriously that our paths are going to cross in the next 4-5 years. I think that is why MB has been so successful. Think about it. Every year you have a bunch of 18 year old kids that think that the world should revolve around them. Look back at RP and D Scott. At the time they made their decisions, everyone was in an uproar. In retrospect, our program survived and is stronger than ever. If they don't want to be a Horn, good luck to them wherever they go. If they choose to go to Auburn, then good luck in the Chik-fil-a bowl or the Poulan Weedeater bowl. Enjoy your experience. When they get through the New Years holidays, they can kick back in their recliner and watch the Horns win a BCS bowl.

30. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts