Lack of seniors...again

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by beijinghorn1, Aug 10, 2017.

1. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

It is mindboggling that UT has only one senior who is a sure bet to start in Poona Ford. Foreman, Hall, Nickelson, and Hughes are nice guys to come off the bench for +/- 10 plays each and perhaps one or two will develop into starters. However, this is an amazingly bad streak for seniors. I really look forward to next year when a senior class will be the backbone of the program for the first time in what seems like forever. I must admit that I am happy to see a really good junior class. Almost unbelievable that the offensive line will be stacked with juniors and seniors next year regardless of what Williams does. Defensive line could be a big problem next year if Nelson becomes great and goes to NFL. Trying hard to drink the Kool-Aid this year, but I just do not see a good/great season with the lack of seniors and QB depth. I like to oversimplify...entire season depends on Maryland game. They are a decent team that UT must beat in order to gain some confidence. Win and the team is 9-3, lose and the team is 5-7. I am really happy that Maryland is at home and I hope it is hotter than hell. If so, UT can pull off a good win and good season.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Hey, while you are in the area, can you take care of that NK nut?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Last year it was juniors and seniors, so this shouldn't be that big a shock.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Are we so sure that Armanti Foreman won't be starting? He started 17 of his last 18 games.

• Like Like x 1
  5. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Not sure about any of the guys. Point is there is only one guy we are sure of in Poona.