Lam Jones very ill

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Punt on 1st Down, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Punt on 1st Down

Punt on 1st Down 100+ Posts

2. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

God bless him!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Get well soon Longhorn

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Once at the Texas Relays they had a special 100M field set up, with star sprinters. Lam won in what appeared on the scoreboard clock to be a world record. It was 9.8 or something. Then, they decided the time was unofficial for some reason and went to hand times, which were 9.9 or something, not a record. Anyway, I'll always remember that.

5. Woland

Woland 500+ Posts

I remember watching him at a USA-USSR junior track meet. Absolutely amazing.

6. bpcombs

bpcombs 25+ Posts

Brian Jones had Lam on his podcast last week, so I suspect the hospitalization is a recent thing. They did talk about the fact that he has been having some health problems.

Brian

7. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Hang in there Lam.

I wasn't old enough to see that anchor leg in the State track meet, but I knew/know a lot of people who did and the way they have always talked about it with such reverance it has gone down in Texas athletics lore.

They say he ran the Hill Country relays in Mason with bells on his shoes.

Probably the fastest guy ever to attend this school.

8. TexasStew

TexasStew 25+ Posts

Fastest Horn ever, with a gold medal earned at the '76 Olympics in Montreal in the 4X100.

9. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

10. UTROCK

UTROCK < 25 Posts

Does anyone know what is wrong with Lam? How about the hospital he is in? Can we start an online "get well card" that can be delivered to Johny? Man, we have to let him know that Longhorn nation is praying for him, and that he will never be forgotten. Let's make this happen.

11. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

God bless you, Johnny!

I am praying for you. [​IMG]

12. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Prayers.

13. aero

aero First Time Poster

Sad news indeed. Best wishes to him and his family.

14. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG] I looked up to him. He was one of my heroes. The era with Ham, Lam and Jam Jones was special. Godspeed

15. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Lets do a card from all of Hornfans.

16. Bierman

Bierman 100+ Posts

17. my prayers are with him.. really hoping he can come through this. [​IMG]

18. caliHORNication

caliHORNication < 25 Posts

God Bless Johnny "Lam".

19. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

I remember Lampasas scrimmaged us (McCallum) in his senior year; I was impressed that coach Royal was here at a HS scrimmage. I think Lam ran an 8.95 or 9.0 100 yard dash (yeah, we used to have the 100 yard dash) but it was later figured wind-aided. I used to see him on campus a lot as we were both freshmen that year, and he was one of the most impressive looking athletes in street clothes I've ever seen. Graceful.

I went to the Rice game that year, in Houston, and it was a joke. Toss the ball to Lam, beat the man to the corner and turn upfield. (I think maybe Raymond Clayborn was the other halfback.)

20. Texas27

Texas27 < 25 Posts

Get well soon Johnny [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. D70Horn

D70Horn 25+ Posts

wishing comfort to Johnny Lam [​IMG]

22. Mojomarvels

Mojomarvels < 25 Posts

I was at that state track meet that year and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Johnny Lam is truly a Longhorn Legend!!

Get well soon Lam!!

23. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

24. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

25. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

26. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

:hookem[​IMG]rayers[​IMG]

27. Bravehorn

Bravehorn 25+ Posts

Lam,Ham and Jam. Great memories.
    Get Well Johnny Lam. The Longhorn Family is pulling for you and you are in our hearts and prayers. See you at the Rose Bowl. We are out to slay some Trojans. [​IMG]

28. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Get well soon. [​IMG]

29. HausFrau

HausFrau 100+ Posts

Get well Lam - thanks for the wonderful memories of UT football you created!

30. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Johnny Lam was and is special. A one of a kind athlete and a great person as well. Our best wishes to you, Lam!