Lance Armstrong In Accident

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Victorious1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

CNN is reporting Breaking News that Lance fell during race and was taken to hospital in an ambulance.

No other details at this time.

Armstrong Crash

2. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Appears to be a broken collarbone.

Ouch.

3. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

That is bad news. [​IMG]

Get well soon Lance.

4. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

In reply to:

5. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

This just reminds you just how fortunate he was during all of those TdF's. The only accident I definitely remember is when he hooked that lady's purse and went down. But that basically gave him a jolt, he got back up and I think won the stage (or at least put distance on 2nd place).

Maybe another time he went off the road up the grass on the side to avoid a wreck. There are always wrecks and he's always been lucky. This time, not as much, but the clean break/fracture would be kind of finding the good luck in the bad luck.

[​IMG]

6. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

what a bummer. Brunyell says it's a clean break, but he still needs to heal and will lose saddle time and fitness. May have to shoot for the Vuelta instead. Godspeed LA and hope you heal quickly.

7. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Prayers to Lance for a fast and healthy recovery. [​IMG]

8. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

In that picture it looks like each leg is almost the size of his torso and chest. That may not be far from the truth either. Amazing, simply amazing. The power those legs create. Magnificent.

Get better.

10. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Lance, don't be a wuss. Emmitt Smith played football with a broken collarbone!

Seriously, I hope he mends fast and gets right back out there. He's amazing!

11. orangesuedeshoes

orangesuedeshoes 250+ Posts

Can't he ride one of those seated exer-cycles or something to stay fit? I want another TDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Hornius Emeritus

13. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Very disappointing. It would be hard enough to come back from his retirement and compete at the highest level, but to expect him to be on top of his game after an injury which sets his training back by a few weeks? Not likely to win something like the TDF this year. We'll see.

14. 6th&Congress

6th&Congress 25+ Posts

I think this collarbone injury is going to piss him off and help him focus even more on his training and the tour. I can see him wearing yellow in Paris come the end of July.

15. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

16. Hornius Emeritus

Go, Lance, GO!

Kick some ******* ***!

17. MadTrapper

MadTrapper 100+ Posts

That picture of him looks like a lot of people after they break their collar bone (including me). "Oops. Well, this sucks."