Least we don't have to watch games on this field

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by STLHornFan, Jul 12, 2012.

1. STLHornFan

STLHornFan 25+ Posts

Get out the Advil nowl

[​IMG]

General consensus of this school is that people only go here because
    A) they want to still play sports
    B) they are an international student and this is where the government let them go
    C) they want to stay close to home but live in a dorm

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

A nightmare of mine is teams going the way of Oregon and how they change uni's but with their fields. That some sponsor will back them to change the color of the field. Once it starts it will be hard to stop. Some programs won't do it but you know money will talk some into it. I sure hope there is a ruling against it someday. That or conference rules.

Imagine if Tech did one? What about Okie State? Theirs would look like our end zones!!! [​IMG]

3. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

If I'm not mistaken, Eastern Washington has red turf - just not the stripes.

4. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

5. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

As much as the NCAA does to create a level playing field, or set the standards for the very football they play with, why don't they maintain standards for fields and get everyone back to green?

6. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

7. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm...a partially maroon field...I wonder how long it will be before the cult plans something similar for their upgrade of the tackle box??? It would go well with those God-awful new Nike unis of theirs.

8. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

9. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I think Cal Tech should have a synthetic turf field that is wired with some kind of super futuristic LCD thread technology.

They could change the field colors of each 5-yard rectangle during the game. Kind of like the changing electronic advertising banners ringing stadiums that let us know about McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Wait, does DeLoss know about this yet?

Shhh....

10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

11. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

They weren't. It's not like they're Texas.

12. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

i guesse sometimes its not bad to be color blind [​IMG]

13. Voltronjacko

Voltronjacko < 25 Posts

Reminds me of Central Arkansas' field.

[​IMG]

14. 1918Speedway

1918Speedway 250+ Posts

Ew. That is all.

15. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Those fields are ridiculous. The NCAA and UIL needs to make rules on football fields now.

16. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

17. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

the only reason fields were green before is because no one had thought about it until Boise. Its ugly in some cases, and works for others. Don't see the problem.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

19. Voltronjacko

Voltronjacko < 25 Posts

I think that is a stretch.

So purple and gray is more muted and wouldn't cause any more confusion than a maroon and gray field would. Maroon and Gray aren't even that different.

Not that it matters. I think the main point is that all non-green fields should be outlawed.

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe it's just phototography differences, but that maroon is a lot brighter and redder than, say, Texas A&M's Maroon,.

21. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

Wow. My wife's family lives in Belleville, IL. We might be going there for Christmas. If so, I'll have to check it out, just to satisfy my idle curiosity that such a thing actually exists. Thankfully, my vision is already so shot that viewing this can't do too much damage.