Leather Briefcases

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by AFhorn82, Feb 17, 2009.

1. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

I'm in the market for a good leather briefcase. I prefer black and would like one that holds a laptop. No more than $500. Thoughts?

2. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

I highly recommend Mulholland Brothers. I have the Montgomery Street, but I'm pretty sure it's not available in black and it doesn't have a separate laptop compartment (though it did come with a padded laptop insert)...and it wasn't under $500. They did offer several other briefcases in that price range in black (there was one with a dowel and a laptop compartment that I considered that I know for sure was under $500 and available in black), but I liked the way the Montgomery Street looked.

I also considered Saddleback Leather Company, but in the end thought that the Mulholland briefs were a little more refined. Saddlebacks seemed a little too Hemingway-ish for what I wanted (think King Ranch Saddleshop without the Texas influence), but they are definitely awesome.

3. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

sounds like a good way to get mugged.

4. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

They still make those? People still buy them?

I'm glad I saw this post, I thought I was the old and lame one. [​IMG]

5. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

Mulholland Brothers. Buy and cry once.

6. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

Coach makes some pretty nice briefcases and computer liners. The Link

7. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Being a sucker for stuff from Orvis, I got a leather briefcase from them.

Orvis

8. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I would think that this thread SCREAMS-
    OVERSTOCK.COM

[​IMG]

9. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

10. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

re: Overstock.com--I forgot about Tony Perotti. Those briefs are also really nice. I might have reconsidered my purchase had they been available at that price on Overstock when I was buying.

11. CBT

CBT 100+ Posts

it's european