Lebanese in Austin

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by TRRW#31, Nov 2, 2010.

1. TRRW#31

TRRW#31 250+ Posts

Me and the wife love lebanese food but I've yet to hear anyone talk about a good place. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

My wife and I love Mediterranean food, and I'll confess that I'm not good at distinguishing Lebanese food from other ethnic foods that might be in the broader category of Mediterranean.

That said, we like Alborz, which is in a strip center off Anderson and Shoal Creek near the old Grapevine Market. I think it might be considered Persian if that's not what you are looking for. Marrakesh in downtown off Congress is also good. I've heard good things about Phoenicia Bakery off South Lamar but have never been there.

I lived in Dallas for 4 years and that city had a much better selection of Mediterranean food in my opinion.

3. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Solely in the interest of really bad humor, isn't there supposed to be a tuna fish reference coming?

4. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

[jerry brown] "you ladies from Beirut?"[/jerry brown]

5. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Huzzah for BW

6. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

Phoenicia Bakery may be a place to start. A good selection of olives, fresh pita bread and hummus. I was once told those three eaten together were considered to be an impeccable and unimpeachable combination in Lebanon. I prefer tart olives, the Lebanese Green if they still make/sell them.