Legalize it

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

While I would support this idea in general on libertarian principle alone, this current move is nothing more than yet another cynical cash grab. Big Pharma figures sees big money growing/producing so they got busy buying politicians and ex-politicians right and left. Schumer got himself high just dreaming of the new tax revenue stream.
    It stinks. F them

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Thats the part I dont like either. Politicians getting richer off passing laws. As long as they arent regulating the market to give their companies an unfair advantage I am okay with it. However I suspect this isnt about a free market but rent seeking mercantilism.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont think Hatch writes his own tweets

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Be prepared for this.

FB_IMG_1524326054332.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Liberals ruin everything, even 4/20

6. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I strongly suspect the motives of dirtbag 1 and 2 above. But I think it is high time (pun intended) to decriminalize pot. We can't afford to keep arresting and incarcerating selected people for pot. There's no money for it.

And to respond to the usual crap: No, I don't partake and haven't since the early 80s. No, I don't believe that pot destroys lives that wouldn't be destroyed by alcohol or some other drug.

7. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

When they legalize in Texas you could then grown your own and then not have to pay taxes on what you consume.

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

By her logic, any driver that was cited for speeding following the reduction in speed limits during the mid-1970's should be able to have their driving records retroactively cleared since, after all, almost all of those same roads are no longer at 55MPH limits.

I am sure that they would, in turn, claim that 'oh that's different' in the same manner that the tranny brigade claimed that Dolezal was not legitimate yet the tranny feelz ARE.

• Like Like x 1