Les Miles talking trash about Texas (link)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HuskerNKingwood, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Just thought you guys might want to see this one. I don't mind LSU, but Miles needs to keep his mouth shut about these things.
    The Link

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

3. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

I don't think he's trash talking Texas; just acknowledging the built in advantages they have and that the rule may benefit Texas. He was definitely trash talking Saban, though.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like whining more than trash talking.

5. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

Funny how both of the coaches mentioned in this article who are opposed to this are in the SEC.

I guess Lester is a bit upset at the fact Texas has gotten out to such a hot start on the '09 class and they really haven't had to work all that hard to do so.

6. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

7. Montag

Montag 250+ Posts

That rule is known as the Meyer/Saban rule. They are notorious for visiting a high school and 'bumping into' the player(s) they are there to speak with the coaches about.

There's an old saying if you through a rock in a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit. That's why Saban is trashing this rule so much. It's pretty much for him, and to a lesser degree, Meyer.

I think Miles just brought up Mack because the Hat told him to. There's no bad blood I know of on the recruiting trails between LSU and Texas. I hope it remains so.

Bama? f**k them. They are getting dirty.

8. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

More and more, I'm convinced that the last people qualified to comment what coaches should be allowed to do are coaches.

10. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Move along nothing to see here

11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

So let me get this straight he is hacked because Mack and Texas dont have to cheat so he blames mack and Texas for a rule designed to stop cheating. That makes perfect sense, how about getting your fellow SEC coaches to stop making a joke of the NCAA regulations.

12. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

13. VinceHung

VinceHung 100+ Posts

14. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

15. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

he's bitching about texas having an in to texas high school players. i didn't know that lsu has to competed against 3 or more other school louisiana schools for louisiana players? [​IMG]

16. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

Andrew Hatch transferred from Harvard to LSU? Yeah, that's what I'd do. [​IMG]

17. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

I love that 3rd chick from the left in SeeVince's sig line.

18. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

19. nych 1

nych 1 250+ Posts

The best part of the story was that some qb named Andrew Hatch decided to transfer from Harvard to LSU.

20. stubbshorn

stubbshorn 25+ Posts

21. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

your right miles... WE'RE TEXAS [​IMG]

Oh, and it is GOOD to be the King!

22. TexasAirForce

TexasAirForce 25+ Posts

Sounds like a case of penis envy to me.......lol

23. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Les Miles speaks the truth: we're Texas

24. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Maybe Les should worry more about keeping Periloser out of trouble and how to gain some credibility back with other players instead of wooring about this.

26. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

27. SportsICT

SportsICT 500+ Posts

28. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Guy just lucked into a national championship, and he's still showing off his penis envy.

29. BDog

BDog 250+ Posts

30. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts