Les Miles talking trash about Texas (link)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HuskerNKingwood, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

"I don't think he's trash talking Texas; just acknowledging the built in advantages they have and that the rule may benefit Texas."

I was gonna say the same thing as far as recruiting goes... Hell who does Miles have to compete with in Louisiana???
    Hell if he doesn't go at least 10-3 or better every year he's a crappy coach.

LSU is my new Utah Jazz.

2. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like he's pissed Mack didn't work harder to keep Perillioux.

3. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

4. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

Back in the day, when Bear Bryant was at Alabama and Paul Dietzel was at LSU, it was reported that they signed a non-aggression pact, wherein each promised to not recruit in the other's territory.

The story goes that the last one to sign the agreement stole the pen.

Sounds like they're still at it, although with a different cast of characters. [​IMG]

5. genuinelsutiger

genuinelsutiger < 25 Posts

Oh, and it is GOOD to be the King!

I agree. It is good to be the king. I don't think Miles was taking a shot at Mack. He was just making reference to the fact that Texas is so loaded with talent that Mack doesn't have to travel very far.

6. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Sometimes Les gets asked a question he hadn't ruminated on for awhile and he displays how empty the space under the hat is. He's too dumb to be offensive. His time at LSU is very short. I predict a slow demise over the next two seasons followed by a big drop off into mediocraty.

7. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

8. genuinelsutiger

genuinelsutiger < 25 Posts

LSU is building a dynasty that shows no signs of abating. Our inroads into Texas will get deeper and deeper as we continue to cherry pick the top players in the state. I'd be unnerved by it if I were a Texas fan.

9. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

10. soonerinsofla

soonerinsofla 25+ Posts

Damn right!You cant out recruit Mack in Texas!!

11. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

We've known the mad hatter a little longer than you guys. I feel pretty good with him at LSU.

12. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

clever sooner, make me a list of the players that bobby stoops and Mack went head to head for that wound up at blow u..

13. sUnseT

sUnseT < 25 Posts

Les needs to look in the mirror, because if anyone has the situation that he describes MB having, it's him. How many 4 and 5 star recruits get out of Louisiana (LSU). They are always loaded with in state talent. Plus Miles has the advantage of having an in state recruiting police force. There is so much pressure on kids from Louis. to go to LSU that I'm not sure if a kid went out of state that they wouldn't get their moma's house burned down. And like the funny [​IMG] sooner said it's not like other schools don't come to Texas and raid the talent whenever possible.