Les Miles thinks Longhonrs need 'courage'

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by OUsucksATMblows, Jun 24, 2009.

1. OUsucksATMblows

OUsucksATMblows 250+ Posts

My uncle who lives in Lafayette called and told me about some Les Miles comments in the paper over there so I did a little research. This was after game 1...
    The Link

""I like being around national championship teams," Miles said while visiting with reporters in the Rosenblatt Stadium pressbox during a rain delay."

"Miles doubted the Longhorns could recover from such an emotional loss. Texas, which hit five solo home runs, led 6-4 in the top of the ninth was one out away from winning. But LSU's DJ LeMahieu doubled in two runs with two outs to tie. And the Tigers won it in the 11th on a Mikie Mahtook RBI single and a perfect bottom of the ninth by closer Matty Ott.

"If you're Texas and you come in and hit five home runs, you're planning to win that game," Miles said. "Losing just takes away any momentum they may have had. I think Texas is going to have to muster some courage to win."

""Can you imagine? There's probably 500 people out there wearing purple and gold who will stand out there right in the middle of a monsoon," he said.

Pointing at the LSU team in the third base dugout, Miles said, "That team right there looks like a champion."

No quotes from Miles today so far.....

2. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

Well, I guess that we mustered the courage.

3. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Les needs a brain

4. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

On November 6, 2004 at DKR Memorial Stadium, courage was abundant on one sideline, and noticeably absent on the other.

5. OUsucksATMblows

OUsucksATMblows 250+ Posts

South Austin,

That was the first think I thought about....

6. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

Loser Miles is just a bandwagon fan of a team that actually beat us at something. He never could.

7. IB ROC N

IB ROC N 100+ Posts

Les has Miles to go before he thinks.

What makes the muskrat guard it's musk?

8. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

does anyone else think he comes off as a big turd with a **** eatin grin? Sounded like a douchebag on tv.

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

It's pretty much a 100% chance that when he's interviewed he's going to give smart-*** answers.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

10. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

And he did beat ou alot with inferior teams, so I guess that means that he knows what inferior teams look like.

When we were in St. Louis in 1996 for the first Big 12 "Roll Left" Title game, afterwards a man who had played on UNL's Rose Bowl team in the 1920s came up to me and said "Congratulations. They played like champions." The guy had been around Husker football for 7 decades, so I figured he knew what the hell a champion looked like. One of my fondest memories of that trip was that gentleman.

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

We pwn Les. And we could basically spot him an early lead and still beat his ***.

12. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

If only they WOULD stand outside in a monsoon. First of all they'd be in a different country so we wouldn't have to clean up the mess and then because they would be incapable of making any more messes themselves.

13. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest