Less is not more

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HTownBevo, Dec 31, 2019.

1. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

When it comes to young Mr Smith.
    Hit 16 early and often!

Let’s go Horns!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I never saw him on the field. Did anyone else?

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No. nor did I see any receivers run the wrong routes.

4. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

I’m pretty sure he called a fair catch on a kickoff.... I thought he could have run some when he did...

5. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Yes, especially on special teams.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BurntOrangeLH

Two, actually.

7. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

The kid is a special talent. Had 5 TD after 3rd game. The fact that the coaching staff can’t motivate him, or has problems with him ... doesn’t matter TH needs to fix it, as he is as explosive as Romance Taylor was, probably more so.
    Leaving points sitting on the bench.

Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Let's watch the transfer portal. If he transfers, there is nothing we can do about it except move on. At least we have Whittington to come back and take over the slot. I do want him to stay, I think he has the opportunity to be special, but he will have to chose to do so.

9. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

If the young man watched what Lil Jordan did last year and Duvernay did this year then I cant imagine he wouldn't be excited about being the slot receiver next year. He made some freshman mistakes and some freshman drops/fumbles but his future at Texas is bright.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Transferring after an uneven (but no more so than is typical for freshman) yet promising freshman year away from a team that graduates its best two WRs would be pretty foolish, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Mr Bill, I like the reply/thought of Jake and Whittington on the field at same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

I have mentioned many times my respect for his skills. On top of the physical abilities he has some intangibles not found in a lot of gifted football players.

He is in the right system and his upside very high.

13. BurntOrangeLH

Why anyone thinks Smith would transfer is beyond me. He likes Austin, the University and the football team. He merely had some freshman bumps to glide over as he was thrust out there on sheer talent alone. He will be fine.

Besides, Bijan will be here in the fall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1