Less than 2 hours to go!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Sangre Naranjada, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

aggy gets the f out of our hair as of midnight!

Whhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Rumor has it that they will gather and sing about us at midnight.

3. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

50 minutes & counting....

Quandre "The Giant" Diggs has a message...

Quandre Diggs @qdiggs28
    watching #LHN and it's the re-run of us sending our little brothers off to the sec the right way.

4. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Eternal Scoreboard.... now GTFO, Aggy.

5. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

In just over 30 mins. I will not read or post about lil brother again unless they directly effect UT.

So long and good riddance! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

So long Aggy! Enjoy your weekly SEC rectal exams!

7. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

8. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I did not know there was a countdown. I actually thought it had already happened. I did not know they were not over there already.

10. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

They sorta remind me of the rats of Hamlin.
    This is gonna be great.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

11. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Funny part is they won't even be missed. For me it's like they never were. Because for us older folks who lived through many decades of it when life in this country was nothing as it is today... (even the whole of Austin is a Whole Other City now).... A&M existed for another time. That time is no more. Just drive over to that crossroads not far from Navasota, at Roans Prairie where 30 crosses 90.... pull up to that intersection... even today, at that intersection you're in another world, another existence. And A&M is locked into that time warp. They're there, and the rest of us are here and have gone to the stars. SXSW, ACL, F1 Circuit of the Americas, 13th largest city in America, and a hop and a skip to No. 10, and living in a new age, new world, new everything. With a&m out of the picture, it really is a whole new world!

[​IMG]

12. RooskiHorn

RooskiHorn 25+ Posts

Good Day, Farmer Boys! I SAID "GOOD DAY!"

[​IMG]

13. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Now can we quit talking about them alltogether. If we never see their name under Topics this BB will be improved 100 fold. If the need for comic relief is necessary you can always go over to the SEC boards to see what they are saying about having the Cult infesting their conference..

14. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

//

I hereby sign on to never initiating a post about arggie ever again on this board. - Signed. Me.

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I agree. Let it go. It appears that they mean as much to some as we say we do to them. It's done, let it go, stop.

16. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

^^This. Why keep bringing up aggy? Yes, they were (and still are) a source of humor in many ways, but they are gone. History. Dead to the civilized world.

It's time to turn the page.

17. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Aggy jokes will never die and after watching the sec embarrass them weekly there will be posts. These should be ok in moderation.

18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Unfortunately the first aggy SEC defeat will yield at least 5 threads and 150 or more posts. I'll make a small wager on that. Any takers?

19. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

Me hears a giant suckin' sound a comin'

[​IMG]

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Vol Horn, not a chance. That's easy money for you.

21. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

And it seems like every time you try to let your fascination with delusion and idiocy go, you run into the following (and haven't we seen enough overuse of the term "swagger"?):

-----

From today's Dallas Morning News:

Brandon Leone knows Texas A&M's recent coaching history better than most.
    As a former Aggie running back, Leone played under both R.C. Slocum and Dennis Franchione. As an analyst for TexAgs.com, he covered A&M football in the waning days of Mike Sherman's tenure.

So when Leone says new A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin has brought a different feel to College Station than any of his recent predecessors, it's hard not to listen.

"The thing about Sumlin is, when you look at the last three coaches at Texas A&M, you’ve got Mike Sherman, Dennis Franchione, R.C. Slocum – the older guys, 50s or 60s white males. And then Kevin Sumlin comes in, and I think he brings something different," Leone said on a podcast with blogger Aaron Torres. "He’s young, he brings a little of that swagger to the table and the recruits are just loving it. The team is feeding off him. He’s not afraid to rub shoulders with guys, and he’s not here to please people and do the things that he thinks he needs to do to get his check. He’s here to win."

Leone talked about the "negative recruiting" opposing programs do against Texas A&M, focusing on the school's conservative roots and the fact that it was primarily an all-male institution until 1964. It's a reputation that hasn't always helped them in the recruiting game, and Leone claims that TV cameras haven't helped the Aggies change it.

"There are still so many things that [Texas A&M is] trying to overcome from a national image standpoint," Leone said. "And when you watch A&M games on national TV, what do you see? You see the camera zoomed in on the corps, which is about 3 percent of the student body."

That's not to say that Texas A&M has to do away with its deeply rooted traditions, especially as the school moves into the SEC where its gameday rituals will likely fit right in. But Sumlin has begun to change the program's tone behind the scenes, and Leone says recruits have already taken notice.

"It’s such a traditional and conservative school that sometimes it’s kind of over the top. And I think Sumlin is going to change some of that," Leone said. "Playing music at practice this spring, for instance. The recruits love that. It doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but when you bring these kids in from different parts of Texas – from inner cities, or from traditionally different backgrounds than a lot of people from A&M – and they love it. They see these guys bouncing around, getting fired up to music. They see a young African-American head coach who’s not afraid to step up and recruit with the Mack Browns and the Nick Sabans."

----------
    And of course, the video- and photo-annotated version of his comments would fill several volumes.