Let me be first to say

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by longhornfan2818, Mar 30, 2008.

1. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

I am damn proud of this team. We lost maybe the best college player ever in college basketball, and we have a fantastic season. All you people bitching about how bad this game is, go back 10 years everyone of us would have taken an elite 8 game and would ahve been estatic about it. Coach Barnes continue to bringing in top flight talent and the we will be raising the trophey before long.

[​IMG]

2. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

You're not the first to say you are damn proud of this team, but congrats if it makes you feel better.

WTF?

Is this a contest?

3. REALBIGHORNFAN

REALBIGHORNFAN 250+ Posts

We will never win the championship by living and dying with the 3-point shot. You have to have some sort of inside game.

4. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I'm not going to equate Kevin Durant and LaMarcus Aldridge to big bodies like Joey Dorsey and Kevin Love, but let's not get too overwrought about our lack of "big" talent. We just haven't kept it on campus.

5. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

This is the first year where we have lived by the 3 pointer. Everyone acts like this is happening every year. LaMarcus, PJ, Buckman, Thomas. This is not an every year thing we just didn't have any good inside players this year.

6. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

It is not a contest Jimmyjazz. Just making a statement. If you dont agree with it, don't respond.

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Probably the most over-achieving team in my lifetime. I couldn't be prouder. [​IMG]

And Memphis is going to embarass UCLA.

8. Bosshorn

Bosshorn 25+ Posts

Thank you, team. You've made us all proud. Hookem.

9. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

This team was picked around #15 in the preseason (and that was probably generous) and 4th in the Big 12. What they accomplished in reaching the Elite 8 is phenomenol. I couldn't be more proud of the coaches and players.

10. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

We were a top 10(potential wise) team this year at the beginning and we finished right where we should have.

Memphis has a better team this year than we do. - so does everyone else still alive in this tournament.

Texas had a fine year and one to be proud of.

11. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Great year. Wish we had gone even further, but Memphis is an excellent team. Good job, Horns. [​IMG]

12. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    Great coaching, great team, great season!!!

Of course every hornfan wants us to win the national title in every sport every year, but we just came up a little short this time. We were out done by a team that we just didn't match up well against. Great year guys!!1 [​IMG]

13. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

14. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

Congratulations to the players, coachs, managers and trainers for a very good season that reflected positively on the Horns. Thank you.