LHF Donation and OU seating correlation?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Bernard, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

As a season ticket holder in DRK-TMS since 1994, my four seats in Section 31, Row 61 (minus 3 yard line) require only a $150 donation to the LHF. For a number of years, I donated higher amounts in order to ensure myself OU tickets. Several years ago however, I dropped my donation back to $150 and began buying OU tickets on the secondary market.

I bought on the secondary market this year, but it was more of a hassle than in previous years. Now I'm considering bumping up my donation for next year to get four OU seats. Any idea what section or row I might have landed this season if I had donated $500 to the LHF for four tickets? How about $1,000?

Bernard

2. blym

blym 250+ Posts

$500 and you're likely dead-on endzone. I donated just under $1000 and that got me two halfway up the upper deck in the corner of the end zone this year. The photo I took last year (below) were the seats for about a $650 donation.

3. swraith

swraith 250+ Posts

The photo above is very similar to my seat of 4 Tx OU tickets @ $625 donation.

4. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

I'm at $1,300 and got four in Section 12...

5. LoveBurntOrange

LoveBurntOrange < 25 Posts

This year I donated $801 for 4 tickets, and I sat in the upper deck end zone (very similar to photo from above). Last year I donated $1,440 for 3 tickets, and I sat in the lower level end zone right behind the band.

[​IMG]

6. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

7. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

My bad, I meant section 13 (were on the aisle between 12 and 13), Row 42. It was pretty sweet because we were only 3 rows from the top so bathroom/concession breaks during TV timeouts were a breeze, plus we finally got into the shade at about the 12 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Depth perception got pretty sketchy once the ball got inside the 15 or so on the other end, but not too bad...

I've always wondered if there isn't a little correlation between where you sit in DKR and where they put you in the Cotton Bowl. The first year of the east side upper deck at DKR ('98) I had seats up there and was at the same donation level I'm at now, and that was the only year I've ever been in the upper deck in the Cotton Bowl. I sat in the lower west side of DKR prior to that and the lower east side ever since and have been in the LL of the Cotton Bowl all of those years...

8. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

Higher is also better because if you're near the aisle there's usually a parade of hotties walking in and out all game long.

Bernard

9. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

a friend I know donates $3k which gets him 4 seats on the 20 yardline, 9th row.

10. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

$2k got us 4 seats in Section 12, Row 45. Corner endzone, last row.

11. runvincerun

runvincerun 100+ Posts

$1100 got us 6 in sec-16 row-29

12. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

This is gonna be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Is the donation per seat or just a total donation for the year?

13. swraith

swraith 250+ Posts

donation is total.

14. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

$3K gets me Sec. 108, Row 8. 25-30 yd ln, upper deck.

15. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

$1,000 donation and 4 tickets in Section 16, Row 30 (almost right in the middle of the endzone).

16. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

Donation priority seating is based on $$$/season tickets. $1000 donor w/four seats is $250 priority for OU. $1000 donor with two seats is $500 priority. This is not affected by how many seats you order for OU, up to four.

17. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I lost my best buddy to diabetes almost two years ago and had my LHF tickets ended after almost 30 years of donations...mostly we donated 600 and bumped it to 800 in 05....We did get tickets to the ROSE BOWL and my buddy and I got to see us reach "the top of the mountain" together....(very thankful for that moment!)

All of our ou and Bowl tickets were in the endzone and mostly the DEAD ENDZONE....

trust me, when time ends for all of us, it won't be about WHERE you sat, but about the people you sat with.....the last two years of football without my buddy and all our collective memories of almost 35 years of TEXAS football has been as tough as anything I've gone thru..... [​IMG]

18. Xcalibur

Xcalibur 250+ Posts

I donated $150. I received 6 tickets in section 18, row 7. I am a T-Man. Was I just lucky with the lottery? Or does T-Man make me really special?

19. Skipper

Skipper 100+ Posts

What's he give, Puddle?

20. Hou-Tex Horn

Hou-Tex Horn 100+ Posts

Bernard-

I donated $1k and got four in sec 16, row 39 this year at OU.

I'm also in sec 31, but row 60...what seat number are you? (been there since 1999)

21. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

I'm behind you guys in Section 31 on row 66 at the top of the ramp...

22. suekel

suekel 25+ Posts

Donation of $1200 got us 4 in section 16, row 32 including an aisle seat.

23. LongLiveBevo

LongLiveBevo 250+ Posts

We donate $3k for 4 NEZ chairbacks but ordered our OU tix in 2 sets because we added 2 of our 4 seats later. We got CB tickets, 2 in sec 17 row 40, and 2 in sec 120 i don't know what row.