LHN bulldog ad

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Texanne, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I thought the ad featuring Bevo and the bulldog (bring your dog to work day) was clever. I’ve been watching a lot of LHN, and I haven’t seen it in weeks. Does anyone know why they took it out of the rotation?

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

They still show the Ricky "Running" poem spot and others. I'd be shocked if they did, but I haven't been watching much lately.

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Well, I remembered I had it recorded, and I found it and watched it. Turns out it’s an ad for Texas Gameday. And since there are no games ...

get me, I answered my own question.

4. horninchicago

Oh yeah that's right.

You and I can solve all the issues lol.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

ESPN needs to record some new fillers... all are very old.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Ship you a’right!

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  7. horninchicago

That's the weirdest one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wed. night, LHN showing James Brown, Shon Mitchell, & some spare frosh RB #11? in a blowout vs. Hawaii.

To me all the current fillers on LHN are tiresome and or weird, but the most tiresome is probably Earl grilling or Ricky's poem. :rolleyes1:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

"Everybody's gettin' wet!"

I kinda like the Clemens one. Horrible human being, but funny.

I wish ESPN could acquire rights to some more of those "deep cuts" games from Akers through the Mack era. A lot of the old games from the defunct CFA deals and even some of the Mack games from Turner/TBS are super fun ones to watch, but not easy to pay for I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Ricky's final game vs MSU is one I'd love to see on LHN.

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think they have shown that one.

The way it was explained to me by someone who worked for Disney/ESPN, the company that controls the old CFA agreement games (regional network ones from the 80s-early 90s) only sells "packages" of games from the database. So there will be a package of non-ABC games with Florida/Mississippi State 1991, Penn State/Pitt 1990, Texas/Houston 1990, etc. And then ESPN has to buy all or nothing from it, knowing that they'll only be able to ever show Texas/UH on LHN and MAYBE one or two of the other ones on SEC N, ESPN U, or ESPN Classic.

For the more current contracts (like 2010-onward), because every big conference has their own TV deals, all they really do is make a "swap" of rights so that the B1G Network can show an ABC game and then the PAC or ACC or SEC can show a Fox property.