LHN - TEXAS vs. ou 2005

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Apr 16, 2021.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

This win never gets old...

On the road to a National Championship in 2005.

Just starting... VINCE and the Horns D dominate! Peterson bum ankle & shut down. "Bomared" harrassed all day .... ou sucks!

45-10 or whatever the final was :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  2. WorsterMan

Horns take a 7-0 lead qtr. 1... I'm feeling cocky & relaxed!

• Like Like x 2
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Don’t give away the ending like you did on the 1969 season.
    :fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. WorsterMan

Good escape to some of the glory days!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Love their play where their WR juggled a ball and then fell onto his back. The dude was about to make the catch anyway, but then Michael Griffin dove headfirst over the top of him and reached down to grab the interception.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

My second fav play from that game.... YV - 64 yard TD bomb to Pittman before the half to blow open the lead to 24-6.

Fav play was Brian Robison sack of Bomar causing a fumble ... big Rod Wright scoops it up and returns it for a huge TD! :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. WorsterMan

@horninchicago - respecting your wish to not disclose the final score.

• Hot Hot x 1
  8. horninchicago

That was allsome!

Was there with my dad, brother, and nephew. We figured Mack would curl up in a ball, as usual, and take the lead into the half. What a great play.

As great as that game was, I still can't believe that we were only able to tie our highest margin of victree over those clowns. 45 points and Stoops and company laid 60+ on us 4 times with less superior talent.

Yep, that play became part of Hornfans lexicon for years as in, "You got Bomared!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. WorsterMan

Great game to be at! Yeah I so wanted the Horns to score 75 points on those ******** that day.... win by 50-60 points. Oh well.

10. horninchicago

A 34 point win would have set the record, and with that team and ou being down, we still didn't do it.

Oh well.

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

My favorite play of the game was the pass to Pittman right before halftime. In previous years, we would’ve just taken a knee and gone to the clubhouse. But this showed Oklahoma that we absolutely meant business.