LHN

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BabyBoomer, Aug 14, 2012.

1. HighPlainsBevo

HighPlainsBevo 250+ Posts

Deloss is the kind of guy, if he pisses on your leg, isn't going to tell you "it's raining", he's going to tell you he's pissing on your leg.

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

All I know is, Jack don't know jack.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I want all of the Horns games on a TV that I can watch, and I want it now. The end.

4. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Wowsers...I'm impressed. The people up in Fayette-Nam knew nearly twenty years ahead of time that UT would get it's own network with ESPN, and that would allow UT to be the 800 pound gorilla of the Big XII, which they knew would succeed the SWC, and they didn't want to compete, so they split for the SEC. Who knew that Nostradamus resides in northern Arkansas??? I wish somebody up there would have told us all this back in the early nineties. Whoever the swine seer is, I need to see if I can make friends with him before somebody wins the 300 million buck powerball. [​IMG]

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

6. blym

blym 250+ Posts

7. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I've been going over the schedules beginning in '01 and the only game I distinctly recall not being televised be it live or tape delay of a PPV game is Baylor '03. I'd forgotten about playing Sam Houston State in '06 ,which I believe was PPV, but now remember watching the game. There's a few others against the likes of Kansas, Iowa State, and maybe Missouri that I'm unsure of but in the ten years before the LHN came about games not televised at all are damn few.

edit- I forgot to mention the non-conference games but other than possibly one or two they were all televised. And of course we didn't play all the north division every year.

8. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

The Longhorn Nation has be more than patient. Get the LHN on a major carrier, NOW!

I live very close to DeLoss ..... he can't watch it either!!

9. jacksmack

jacksmack 25+ Posts

When the LHN was rolled out, the conference was still 50% intact, and there was the alure of televising Texas high school football. Yet, no carriers.

So why now, with a completely blown-up conference, no chance of cashing in on Texas HS ball, and marquee Thanksgiving matchups that involve TCU.... why would any major carrier be interested now?

Just waiting on the fat lady...

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

LonghorninAustin, it's not on campus either. It's not even in the stadium where the food court is. TWC has that. Oh boy, they get YNN local News 8 with weather on the 8's. I am sure they wish that could change too and would do what it took.

11. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

Anyone that can watch The Longhorn Network via Verizon Fios can set up 8 sub accounts off of their main account and let
    Friends or family have their own account therefore letting them stream the Longhorn Network.
    Got this from 247sports board.

12. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

15. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

16. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I don't understand how the smaller cable providers can get a deal done but none of the big boys can do it.

17. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

They could, but right now they can afford not to

18. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

It's basically cable TV's version of a Mexican standoff...and right now, Time Warner, ATT, and the other big boys are winning. Who's losing? UT fans, of course. [​IMG]

19. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

21. kujotx

kujotx 500+ Posts

22. MojoMan

MojoMan 1,000+ Posts

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mojo, your theory would be correct if not for the BYU and B1G Networks. Everyone with either (or both) of these two networks on system are paying for them.

24. MojoMan

MojoMan 1,000+ Posts

Viper,

The B1G is not comparable, it is a league wide channel. The BYU network is interesting, but this appears to be more of a Mormon thing. Maybe if the LHN network was transformed into the Big 12 network, or something like that, this would be a bit more palatable for the cable networks. But, as it stands, it is a precedent setting move that opens the door to separate stations for every school, with cable customers having to pony up for each and every one. It is a bad move for consumers and it should not be accommodated.

It saddens me to say it, but the cable TV companies are doing the right thing by not going along with the LHN. The LHN is destined for failure. The big cable companies are not going to buy it. I will be sorry to see The University lose the money it gets from the LHN. But beyond that, I am eager to see the LHN put out of its misery and given last rites.

25. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

26. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm so sick of these unproductive circle jerk LHN threads, but for some reason I keep clicking hoping there might be a different outcome to the arguments.

28. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

In reply to:

29. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

30. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts