LHN

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BabyBoomer, Aug 14, 2012.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The game you are talking about is Fox Sports South. That is not a network people would get here automatically, it's top tier and possibly not offered by some providers. It's been awhile since I've taken a gander at the onslaught of Fox Sports channels but that is not one to cover UT Sports. FSN, sure. Fox, sure. FSS? Maybe there is a spot on Fox Sports Guam.

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Just to make things clear, I live In Houston and we stay in a hotel for each home game, so between LHF donations, season tickets, premium gas, food and hotel, games are not cheap for me.

I'm not going to feel sorry for anyone that can't see the game for free.

As far as military personnel, there are plenty that get no TV at all while on deployment.

I see a bunch of selfish fans that come up with ridiculous reasons on how the LHN is hurting UT. That's ********. They really only care about #1, themselves.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

You make it tough to be on the same or similar side of an issue with you sometimes. Just saying.

4. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Darn that OU and WVU for being a bigger draw than us right now and being higher ranked and actually talked about for a shot at the MNC. Curses.

7. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

What were the other games they were up against? I agree that the LHN is a bad deal for those without it. I don't agree that every game we play is a must see tv event in the eyes of the powers that be. That is evident by the fact that there have been games in the not so distant past that were not on tv or ppv. Not many but factor in the ones that were ppv and that number grows slightly. PPV is likely what was taken away from people. People we know are willing to pay for the ability to watch.

However, ESPN's 300 million dollars dictates they don't want the pittance that would be revenue from ppv if the money even goes to them. It's their deal now.

9. geode

geode 100+ Posts

I don't get the would it have been shown, could it have been shown TV talk. Bottom line...for years past I COULD WATCH the GAMES on TV. Almost every game was accessible even if it was PPV. Not so anymore, unfortunately.