Line TX-33

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Nov 5, 2017.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

So Kansas at DKR this weekend. It seems like 33 points is a bit high with our QB issues. :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Maybe they expect us to shut them out?

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

How does Kansas score negative points?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We've still only scored 30+ in regulation once. Although Tech and Kansas might help with that.....

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What are the QB issues other than a line that cannot block or receivers who do not know how to play the position?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Maybe if the D scores 21

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Give the points.

We are going to peter-roll these guys. They are not as good as SJSU. We win by 45+ and probably shut them out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

If we lose this game we will once again be the laughing stalk of college football

• Like Like x 1
  9. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I think if they played SJSU it would be a tossup. But our OL was a lot healthier when we played sparty.

I don't know how they can be so bad. I thought they had gained some momentum last year under Beatty, especially after beating us.

10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

They thought the same thing, upgrades coming and then bringing in cumbie

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I will be UPHAULED if we are the laughing stalk of college football 2 years in a row!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We should go straight for the juggler in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WorsterMan

Who knows, might be a game where Herman clears the bench and plays the 3rd string, the scout team and the scrubs!!!

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I stayed away from the board mostly on game day because I pretty well knew what was going to happen in this game, and I knew people would overreact to it. We played the defense in our conference that matches up perfectly with our issues, and we predictably got bull-rushed into submission on offense. This wasn't about missing assignments that would cause issues against every team, it was about being physically whipped.

Kansas is not going to physically whip our offensive line. We'll be functional, look like a competent group (mostly) and we'll talk about how the o-line seems to have improved because we got more than 100 yards rushing. Everything will work better, play-calling will probably (???) look more effective because the Lorenzo Joes and Dorian Leonards of the squad will have an easier time getting open, and we'll probably put up at least 38 points.

The issues wont' be fixed, but they won't look nearly as bad against a team that can't expose them.

• Like Like x 4
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Steal The Binder and try to implement it?

• Like Like x 2
  16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The only issue that will help Kansas are stupid penalties. The opening drive for TCU was 75 yards. 43 of them came as a result of penalties, 30 of the 43 were due to PF penalties. Eliminating those will help shut down any KU offense and they don’t even score.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Thoughtful read Prod but history (our history) shows the opposite is quite possible. I'll be there and be cheering but won't be surprised by anything - good and bad. Seems like a lot of points but hope not, we could use a big uplift about now.

18. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I get the gist of your post, and either QB could be a winner if those two things were fixed, but at this point, the lack of protection has degraded the health of both QBs, plus probably given them PTSD.

• Like Like x 2
  19. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

No foreplay? That is a mighty stout strategy you've got there.

Give me Texas and the points. Sounds like Dion has some inside dope.

20. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

What's up with the hypothetical. of course if any good team loses to the worst team in the league then yes they are the laughing stock.

21. WorsterMan

"stalk"... HF spelling.

• Like Like x 2
  22. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Oldie but a goodie

• Like Like x 1
  23. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

The O/U is 55 points.

24. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

unpossible

25. WorsterMan

Yup, just like water under the dam!

26. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

For all intensive porpoise, this should be a mute discussion

• Like Like x 3
  27. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

You beat me to it.

28. rick mueller

Are you auditioning to be one of those blogsters who never proofread anything? If so, you get the job IMO. :lmao:

29. rick mueller

It's moo point. You know, only cows care.

30. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

You idoit. :)

• Like Like x 1