Line -TX + 7

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Oct 30, 2017.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

The game is at TCU, so I thought there would be a couple more points even though TCU lost last weekend.
    The O/U is 47.:hookem:

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That O/U seems high.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

What i thought too, but I've been wrong many many times.

4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I would tend to take Texas and the points, were I a betting man. I don't think we've been within 21 of the frogs in the last 3 years.

But, The times, they are a changing.

50+ years ago I saw a favored up and coming Texas team come into Amon Carter Stadium and lose to Abe Martin's TCU Horned Frogs, 9-7. It was a severe physical battle. The trenches were full of blood, sweat and tears. Pacing the sidelines across the field from child caryhorn was a young buck, DKR, in a white short sleeve shirt and dark tie. He looked great. Somber, stern and pained as the Horns got no breaks that day, and the frogs benefitted from some odd bounces of the ball.

Even though I was a Cowtown resident, my loyalty to Coach Royal and all things Texas was sealed that chilly autumn afternoon. (I remember going years later to see the Texas freshmen team, the shorthorns, with the #1 recruit in the state, Steve Worster, kick the pollywogs up and down the field. That freshman class led the Longhorns to glory the next three years!)

Now I live about a mile from the new tcu stadium, and this Saturday I will be pulling hard for an upset.

Texas Fight!

• Like Like x 5
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I have a feeling that this "4th" opportunity to beat a team to whom we are expected to lose will not be squandered.

• Like Like x 3
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I have this same feeling. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

We can win this game, but our D has to contain Turpin and Hicks and get pressure and sacks on Hill. ISU was able keep Hill guessing, mostly wrong, last week and he made poor decisions especially in the Red zone. No brain farts this week allowing a wide open receiver to be strolling down the middle of the field for long gains or scores.

Our O has to get a running game going early, period. The receivers can’t muck about dropping passes. Also, go straight at them between the tackles. Overall, there can’t be a quarters worth of stumble and stammer. Establishing drives and getting points has to happen.

Special teams, specifically coverage units can’t have breakdowns. ISU allowed Turpin a crease last week and he took it to the house. We have one of if not the best punter in the country who can flip a field and keeping them pinned deep. They, particularly Hill, make mistakes the longer the drive.

I don’t know if the team will be able to accomplish all that, and I realize it reads and actually is an overly simplistic view. There will be “oh crap” moments, but play them like we have OSU and USC this year, eliminating the costly penalties and mistakes and we win this one. I hope it goes our way.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017