Line TX- 8.5 11:00 AM Kickoff

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Nov 29, 2020.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well yippee do da, another 11:00 am game. But not as bad if not a home game. Ugly to admit but I’m more worried they play hard than if they win. Boy that sounds odd.

3. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

To quote Hillary, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

5. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Who will be UT's interim head coach?

6. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Yurcich

7. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

8. seb44

seb44 250+ Posts

Are you sure about the game time?

9. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Nope, I just did a C&P from the Covers site.

11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

TexasSports still has game time as TBA.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Las Colinas will almost assuredly put us at 11, so Jimbo can brag to recruits, "We were on ESPN and had four times the audience Texas had opposite us on Fox "

Recruits and mommas eat that up

13. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I’ll bet they are doing some serious scrambling about that OL. Oh dear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Cosmi and Kerstetter would have to be our two best O linemen, though that may not be saying much. To not have either could be ugly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Given our struggles in The Little Apple, Herman's ability to sh*t the bed and this team looking like they're ready to quit . . . errr, opt out . . . put the mortgage on K State + the points. In fact, I'll be mulling over that KSU money line (+285). This has that Charley Strong at KU feel to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Not saying much is an understatement. Cosmi may go top half of 2nd round.
    Kerkstetter should count himself lucky to be drafted at all. He was considered pedestrian at best until PFF, which I'd never heard of before, came out with their best at protecting QB rating. Totally wasted scholarship.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  18. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Cosmi! Wow just up quits. Disgusting. Put an asterisk by his name. *quit with 3 games left.
    I’m sure he quit on plays too, when he got too hot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I suspect he would have stuck around if there was something of note to play for. But considering he has been saddled with a head coach and binder that quit a long time ago, why risk the injuries that could derail even a year or two of potential NFL dollars?

If Herman does not get stupid and gameplan last week into a loss, I suspect he doesn't make the announcement. Instead, I would not be surprised to see this be the first of multiple departures prior to the WhoCares Bowl...

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

The knock on Texas players for years has been they are 'soft', Connor Williams has done nothing to change that. His performance this year has been abysmal, especially in that Pittsburgh game. Different players I realize, just can't understand why all these draftniks think so highly of Cosmi...

• Hot Hot x 1
  21. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Update,
    Line is now TX-10 O/U 51.5
    Kickoff is still 11:00 AM

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Saw the ticker scroll this AM that Caden Sterns is now opting out. Opt-out actions would make this a stay-away game for me for the same reason that I don't always buy into the dead-cat bounce the game after a coach gets fired (see ATL, HOU, DET this year).

I'll reserve other comment on this one for the Sterns-specific thread.

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

On the other hand, they lost to Baylor.

Other than Cosmi (who might be "overrated", but wasn't "bad"), some of these other folks we're missing might be addition by subtraction. See the Missouri bowl game where we didn't miss Hill or Elliott.

24. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Dont forget, guys, our D has been playing pretty good, and KState has no quarterback.
    I know we aren't going in optimally, but let's be realistic about the state of affairs at Kstate, too, while sizing up this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Two bums fighting in a parking lot over a bottle of cheap wine?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

This is pure theft. KSU will probably win and Texas has had two two plus score wins all season. Joke

28. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

LD, here is your update sir.
    [​IMG]TEX -345 -10 (-105) 51o
    [​IMG]KSU
    +280 +10 (-111) 51u

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That tells me the book is actually expecting Texas to win a low scoring game that stays somewhat close.

The +280 ML is actually worth throwing some #ChilisMoney on though...I believe the players giving notice to opt out suggest that the team has quit on the season and won't be motivated here.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The game may be in jeopardy due to some positive tests

• poop poop x 1