Live Anti-Trump Protests from JFK Airport 01/28/2017

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

2. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

The main thrust of the event is to protest Trump's executive order to ban the import of refugees from certain Muslim countries. It goes to show how quickly social media can be used to organize and produce large crowds.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I see Iran has cut off letting Americans into their country in retaliation

Damn there goes my vacay.:lmao:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't care if we keep Iranians out. Since the rise of the Ayatollah, Iran hasn't been particularly hospitable to Americans who have visited. However, I don't see the rationale for not keeping Saudis out. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Saudi Arabia has a functioning government with an active intelligence community keeping track of terrorists. A lot of those other countries on the list do not.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

As much as I agree with this temporary halt I think the Feds mucked it up at JFK. If I understand it these people had not known of the ban when they boarded the flight
    And one of them has worked for our gov't for over 10 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's true, but the fact that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis shows that their intelligence community wasn't particularly helpful to us.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Saudi's would say that there was a sick king or something and stuff like this fell through the cracks, but not anymore. I know for a fact they had a heavy crackdown in 2005-06. Did the Stalin tactic of paying citizens to oust other citizens.

9. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Saudi Arabia is the first country I would place restrictions on. Just goes to show the political power the Saudis have over our government.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

When was the last time Westerners were targeted in Saudi? Before 2005.

11. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Hmmm...Trump registered 8 companies in Saudi Arabia after announcing his intentions to run for POTUS.

:smh: regarding the bolded part below. Noticeably absent from the list are countries in which Trump has previously sought or has business dealings (SA, Egypt, Turkey among them).

This list is ******* dumb. The Iranians? 3,000 attained doctorates within the last 3 years from American universities. The absurdity is the idea that the country with the strictest vetting process in the world for visa's and refugees is suddenly not strict enough.

12. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

If Muslims are banned they can just pretend they're Christians like Republicans do

• Like Like x 1
  13. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Exactly*...if that doesn't work, they can pretend to be Americans like liberals do.

*Not actually a bad idea.

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  14. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Still going on.

15. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The Pope says you can't be Christian and against refugees.

16. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Are these harmless protests the beginning of a color revolution? It depends on whether they fizzle out or grow in intensity.

I believe we are looking at three groups which will drive the protests further.

1. The Establishment which opposes Trump basically consists of the Intelligence Agencies, the neocon and neoliberal politicians in each party (McCain, Rubio, etc. and majority of Republicans; Most Democrats on the left) which favor globalism over nationalism, and much of the Department of Defense and Pentagon. This is the power base which has been in charge for better than 20 years now and want to hold on to power which Trump is peeling away. The Establishment basically places doubts in the general public about Trump using various think tanks, and talking heads via the press.

2. Moneyed activists such as Soros who work through NGOs, and outspoken celebrities such as Michael Moore and an assortment of others provide leadership, organization and funding to the masses.

3. The base of the Democrat Party is now Social Justice Warriors. They are the foot soldiers. Social Media and a barrage of anti-Trump information drives them into action. Every time Trump implements a policy - building a wall, building a pipeline, barring refugees, etc. - there is reason to protest. And I predict all of these policies will be responded to with bigger and bigger protests. Trump will have no choice but to see that the laws are enforced. In the process, there likely will be many arrests and probably violence. When this happens, the protesters will have created another reason to protest citing oppression. And it spirals out of control.

One chant I heard today was "This is what Democracy Looks Like." To the protesters, the fact that Hillary received more votes than Trump means she was democratically elected. They consider the electoral college to be in conflict with their perception of democracy. Some even reason its their duty to remove Trump from office since he didn't receive the most votes. Others actually believe Putin stole the election. Perhaps this is one reason Trump is so intent on showing that he would have received more votes than Hillary if illegals votes were not counted. Or again, maybe he just doesn't like the implication that he lost something. Regardless, the vote count is just one more justification the opposition to Trump will use to justify their protests.

None of the above will happen if I'm wrong and this is organic. It will get old and fizzle out. But if I'm correct and there is an unrelenting power structure that will not relinquish its hold on power and is willing to do whatever it takes to remove Trump, the social disturbances will grow and the Congressional Inquiries and the like into the Trump administration will ramp up.

17. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

You might want to read the Koran before you open your arms and welcome them all in. I am a Christian and a Republican. All the order says is we need to have a better way of vetting these folks and until we do we won't take a chance. I'm ok with that. One American life lost is not worth the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  19. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

That one left a mark.

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

One thing that has occurred that was very predictable is the nutty liberal hyperbole. No, this is not like the Japanese internment camps, and it's sick to make the comparison. Link. There are legitimate grounds to criticize this act, but this isn't one of them.

And I don't follow the Anne Frank Center too much, but I've been to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, and though it's an impressive place to visit, it's a colossal monstrosity of leftist garbage.

Here's an article that discusses the EO intelligently and without the calamity, and it's written by David French, who was an outspoken neverTrumper.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Just saw a collection of reports from the usual MSM players. Yesterday each anchor/reporter used the word "chaos" to describe his refugee ban.

These morons haven't learned a thing and are clearly still following marching orders from someone above.

Is it too much to ask for these idiots to use synonyms of the directive word their given. At least attempt to throw the scent off their collusion, maybe.

24. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm definitely torn on this one. One, I'm seeing reports that people are being turned away at US airports, who had already gotten on flights and arrived here lawfully, and are now being told they have to go back. I'm not OK with that. But I also don't know what the numbers really are - the reports have made it sound like there are hundreds of people stuck at the airport who can't come in and don't have anywhere to go.

25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Since when does obtaining a doctorate degree exclude anyone from being a terrorist? Many of the worst terrorists had PhDs.

26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Like who?

27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Fox And Friends just showed a collage of the MSM's Sat. Night News coverage. The MSM did all they could to characterize International Travel to the U.S. as being gripped by "chasos, confusion, and fear". They dug up diabetics with health concerns, Afghans who work for the U.S. military overseas, etc. etc.

28. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

yes, you can always go to Fox and Friends to get the unbiased truth on any issue.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Exactly. Why can't the libs on this board and elsewhere understand that? The hysterical talking points of the left that conservatives hate all immigrants and refugees is so tiring. What is wrong with serious questioning of these people to try and keep our country safe? It is beyond ludicrous to think we are invading the privacy of refugees by vetting them. They do not have rights under the Constitution just because they are trying to come here. It is tiresome the defense some on here keep giving to the failed Obama policies and it is comical that the libs think the way it has been done the last 8 years should continue since Obama has made the US so well liked in the eyes of the people who wish to kill us because everything is America's fault. Oh, it's all our fault even though Obama was supposed to change that and make the world love us. What happened there?

• Like Like x 1