Liverpool FC 2008 - 09 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Longhorn Tim, Jun 16, 2008.

1. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Nope, you had to hit up the ones in Mong Kok. I saw 3 within two blocks of one another. There were something like 4 Nike stores per block. They were endless. I thought E was going to collapse from excitement. I have a pic of him in the store in High Top Heaven!!! He was very focusized.

I wish I had known your size cuz I could have snagged one for you. I am going back in a few months so I will get your sizes and if I happen across any great deals I will for sure get stuff for you. I will make a layover in New Jack and throw 'em over the security check point. They won't have a problem with that, ya think? If it is at Newark they will be so busy chatting girls up or changing their nail polish (or giving attitude and lip to people). Newark is a cesspool of an airport but I digress.

3. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

I'd love to get on the list for cheap gear.

4. TexonLongIsland

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

TLI, I own the deeper Kong. [​IMG]

I did find the away grey jersey at the one you went to on a bargain rack and it was one of only two left and happened to be in my size. I got that jersey for 30 USD, I think. The jacket though, the real find, was cheaper. I have to dig up my receipt if I have it. I did not find much worth investment in the Kowloon one you were at. It was right around the corner from where I rested my head for not very many hours per night.

Next time I go over I will def. take a list of peeps from here who I can bargain hunt for. The knock off shirts were absolute crap in both Mong Kok and the Wan Chai market. I am almost sure the fish smell from the wet market seeped into the shirts in Wan Chai. It got them down to about 5 bucks for the shirts but meh, they just looked horrid. I was afraid they would bleed into my other items in the washing machine as well.

I am well prepared next time and won't have "official" business to tend to either. There will be no avoiding contact with the Triads nor wondering if cabbies were ripping me off. I know their tricks now. They are some crafty mofo's too.

I also know that McDonalds is the Holy Grail for breakfast. Don't know about any other meal. Hornin's quote to me after I said, "No way man. I don't even go to McDonalds in the States. I am not ABOUT to go to one in Hong Kong", when he suggested I do one. (you see, Breakfast as a rule in HK sucks like ou)

He said, after no pause, "Dude, don't be that guy.". Something about get a #3 or #8, shut up, enjoy it, it's good and he eats them. Screw that, I thought. The next day looking for good eats for my fave meal of the day the aroma wafted out to the street and my tummy turned. I called him to let him know I was not that guy and I could hear the smile come across his face. He was very proud of himself for sorting me out, I think. He smiled a lot for this that week.

6. TexonLongIsland

my post on the top of page 10 is really haunting me. [​IMG]

7. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Hey, i don't think anyone argued with you when you posted it. It's eerily too true, gotta take care of the easy ones at home.

I would argue that our success against chelsea and the mancs balanced it all out though. You're just not supposed to get 12 points from those two giants.

Anywho, come on Wigan! And has anyone seen the 09/10 away kits - black and gold? Not sure how I feel yet.

8. TexonLongIsland

Just thought I'd post this for all Liverpool supporters:

In reply to:

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I sometimes listen to that show on Sirius/XM but will not do so hence forth. I don't generally go to Fado but will make it a point to do so and parlay my support to their manager. What a dildo this guy is.

10. TexonLongIsland

Thanks l00p

Here is a Youtube channel with all his comments.
    The Link

Also Rafa today implied we might break our transfer record this summer [​IMG] that would make me happy.

What doesn't make me so happy is our last game, against Spurs, is not on TV in the states. Time to break out those links we can't mention [​IMG]

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Who do we know that is a Spurs fan? Hmmm.

12. TexonLongIsland

13. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Solid way to end the season. Tough to say goodbye to a legend

YNWA Sami!

14. TexonLongIsland

And he nearly got a goal at the end. His header on a corner kick was cleared off the line by a defender. Thanks Sami for a great 10 years.

Video of the last few minutes. It takes a lot to bring a Finn to tears.
    You can see the great reception Keane got as well. Interesting that Keane didn't celebrate after he scored.
    The Link