Liverpool FC 2008 - 09 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Longhorn Tim, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I'm casual acquaintances with Frank Leboeuf & Steve Jones. (A former player and an LA DJ who is a lifelong fan.) I am also good friends with a guy named Lucas from London who may someday be a famous rock&roller.

Because of those three, I give a tiny rats fat *** about Chelsea. But in general, I wouldn't mind if Chelsea ended up in the relegation zone.

I honestly pull for them at all times and then send Facebook messages to the previously mentioned 3 if Chelsea actually does something and no one had to flop for it to happen. (Read: "Drogba")

2. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

See, today sort of sucked for me. On a scale of 1 to 10 I have City at a 10. Liverpool clocks in at about 8'ish being my second fave team in the Prem. I root for City over Liverpool but this is the only time I root against them. Damnit, a draw. Barely helps City, really hurts Liverpool. I wish those two teams did not have to play one another. I will send an email and see what happens.

4. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

soooo can we kiss the title dreams goodbye?

f**k united....

5. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

6. UTRanger 2/75

UTRanger 2/75 100+ Posts

Huge win today we have the inside track for the rest of the way!

7. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Aurelio's ball in and Yossi's finish were textbook. HUGE RESULT. Rafa sparking his Champions League magic again.

8. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

Great win at the Bernabeu. That away goal is crucial.

Today's announcement: Parry is out as chief executive. Rafa won!!

9. midwayhorn

midwayhorn 100+ Posts

Down in flames to Boro. That's gonna leave a mark.

10. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Yeah. Game set match on the title hopes. It would still be kind of nice though to take 2 wins from the mancs. A Champs League trophy wouldn't be bad either.

11. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

good start in the real game, 2-0 at half. both goals came off dodgy decisions from the ref, certainly the second was not deserving but i'll take it.

12. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

I guess I'm one of the few who disagree. the ball hit right at the upper arm and he shoved his arm forward which caused the ball to rise, so I don't see the problem, however a close call.

BTW Liverpool is kicking a.. no f......doubt about it. Should be about 6-1. I've never seen Torres at this level although he was close at the European Championships!

Let's pour it on [​IMG]

13. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

olé olé....olé olé olé 4-0 [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. TexonLongIsland

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel bad for Heinze. Harsh call on the penalty, but he was owned all match!!!!!!! [​IMG]

But we are through!!!

There's only one Jay Spearing. There's only one Jay Spearing. There's only one Jay Spearing!!!!

15. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Say what you will about the first two goals (first was a ghastly call, second looked fairly legit IMO), the third was a thing of beauty. From what I saw, Babel was getting space all match on the left side. The game was all but over after the 2-0 first half but that goal was a great way to officially step on their throat and tuck it away. Great game, pure domination of a solid squad.

Now on to Saturday … take three at old trafford!

16. UTRanger 2/75

UTRanger 2/75 100+ Posts

I cannot wait for Saturday, Fado's, Guiness and some breakfest! I love it

17. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

What a clinic. If they keep this form up, the sky's the limit. [​IMG]

18. TexonLongIsland

[​IMG] = My face all day

19. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Fado was a great place this morning. Win was made sweeter by watching the anguish on the manc faces in that place. About three times as many of them as the first united/pool fixture this season. Cocky ******** came out of the woodwork.

Title chances are still slim, which doesn't let me enjoy this win quite as much, but still, to take two from the red devils, and in that fashion, is just amazing. Here's to, at worst, our 6th euro title! YNWA

20. TexonLongIsland

just watched the match again [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. TexonLongIsland

What a great 8 days!!!

22. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

23. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

read that Rafa sent a bunch of scouts to Valencia to observe Albiol. I really hate to see Agger go as I think Carra has one, maybe two seasons left in him as the every game starter he is this season. But by that time Agger is 25, 26 and could have easily been starting for a couple years for a team like Milan.

Valencia is in real tough shape and will definitely be looking to sell everyone they can. I'd love to see us go after David Silva but I just don't think we'll have the funds. Villa is well out of the question unless the Kuwaitis take over.

24. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

CL draw today and we get Chelsea again [​IMG]
    so tired of that matchup, 5 years in a row in CL.

Villareal / Arsenal
    Manure / Porto
    Liverpool / Chelsea
    Barca / Bayern Munich

25. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

Arsenal and united got extremely lucky. I'm not sure who I would wanna face in the semis if we beat chelski.

Hope we get our revenge for last year. Good thing Riise isn't here to give us an oggy this time.

26. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

If the favorites hold out and Liverpool advances no one can say they won't have earned it. A potential run of RM > Chelsea > Barca > Man U would be crazy.

27. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

'Pool didn't even play today and they had a great day.

F 2-0 M
    T 1-0 C

28. TexonLongIsland

29. TexonLongIsland

PS Danny Murphy is a legend!!!!

30. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

As most if not all of you already know, the match is live on Fox Soccer Channel at 11, CST, noon Eastern.